DebaucheroRdrgz

Recovery Arcs on intermediate canopies.

The Mamba is roughly in the same class as the Katana, though the recovery arc on it is probably shorter. I like the Mamba almost as much as the Katana, and better than most anything else short of something crossbraced. The Mamba is a step beyond advanced.

Really? I felt like the Mamba was a Stiletto-ish canopy. Definitely not in the same class as Katana or Crossfire2!

It had a shorter recovery arc and really wouldn't generate speed a top speed like the Katana or the XF2. It opened pretty decent though.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Really? I felt like the Mamba was a Stiletto-ish canopy. Definitely not in the same class as Katana or Crossfire2!

It had a shorter recovery arc and really wouldn't generate speed a top speed like the Katana or the XF2. It opened pretty decent though.

I just jumped a Mamba 104 and was surprised at how long the recovery arc was. My Xfire 119 had me doing a 270 around 520', but I was doing a 90* on the Mamba from about 400' and it had a LONG roll out, much longer than I was expecting.

I like my Samurai and how it handles a LOT better overall, but was surprised at how well it does handle.

YMMV
Not again!

i wouldn't consider the xaos to be intermediate. it's crossbraced and definitely a step beyond the conventional 7 or 9 cell canopies

I don't consider MOST of the canopies in this thread to be intermediate :S
Just 3, in the starting post...

ciel bleu,
Saskia

For anyone whos interested after gettting flamed and banned after getting annoyed at a hijacker of my thread i settled on a Sabre2, I'm certain that i have no business trying to be a swooper at this point but I have enjoyed learning from some of the informative posts in this thread. Thanks for the information guys. learned my lesson too. Shouldn't get upset over an internet argument.

search my user name and sabre 2...you will giggle at my love for it as a learning to swoop canopy

There is a reason why there are so many of us that advocate the Sabre2 as the start off point for a swooper!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Never actually jumped a Sabre 2, but I can assure you that the Safire2 can swoop pretty nicely, and does work as a canopy to progress on. It is my wingsuit canopy of choice currently, and I usually execute 270s on it with a bit of rear-riser input during the roll-out. Mine is a 129 loaded at 1.6 or so.

Take advice, get some coaching and have fun!
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13