dima39

WPC 2010 in Canopy Piloting

Very proud to find out that the WPC is confirmed for The Motherland! Awesome!

----

2010 USPA National Skydiving Championships of Canopy Piloting
Dates: September 1-4, 2010

and

WPC 2010 in Canopy Piloting
8-15 August 2010, DZ Aerograd Kolomna (Moscow), Russia

Not clear about these dates... How does this affect the US team selection process. Will USPA adjust the CP Nationals dates? Or will the selection be defaulted to last year's team? This IS a selection year for the US Team, isnt it? I guess an email to USPA could clarify this, unless someone involved with the organization reads this forum.

There's some pretty OLD information on that site :)

Mike, not sure on USPA or potential Nationals changes.

As the rules stand, the top 8 from 09's Nationals will be eligible. However, if this years Nationals were to be moved and be completed (30 days I think??) prior to the date of the WPC, then the 2010 top 8 would be eligible.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Mint!

A catyclism or dramatic change would have to happen for me not to be there!

B|

I have been to a world meet in Russia before, obtaining the visa was a lengthy process (for me anyway) so something to consider for anyone wishing to go, and for a potential date change for the USPA nationals.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

As Larry Bagley explained it to me:

There are no "on" and "off" years, because we [USPA] have no control over the actions of the IPC. I don't see an adjustment in the CP nationals at Spaceland, so, at first glance, it appears the results of the US Nationals held last Oct will be used for team selection.

Now that the IPC has taken action, the USPA comp committee needs to take action and they meet next month in Phoenix. Check back for updates

From the rule book:

"11-1.4: Selection Of Competitive Personnel A. The method of selection of competitive personnel for the U.S. Team delegation is approved by the USPA Board of Directors, acting upon recommendations of the USPA Competition Committee.

B. Process of selecting U.S. Teams

1. Competitors and teams qualify for invitation to join the U.S. Team based on the order of standing determined by the official score of the most recently completed U.S. National Championships or USPA-sanctioned competitions that the USPA Competition Committee has determined is applicable to selection of the disciplines and event categories pertaining to upcoming international competition.

2. The meet from which the results will be used to select the team must be held at least 60 days prior to the World Championships at which the team will compete.

and, " 5. U.S. Canopy Piloting Team is selected from the combined results in the Open class from the previously held U.S. National Skydiving Championships.

There will be no trip to Russia this year for me. Again. Disappointing... Oh well, back to hard drugs, heavy drinking and light jumping. Yay!!

Thomas (Tuominen) introduced the committee and the small rule changes they proposed to make. There is a small change to the accuracy rules. The refinement of the rule on Wind over the Limit - this will now mean that should the winds exceed the 7 mps during the jump which commences at the beginning of the turn and ends as the competitor goes through the exit gate or lands. They will be awarded a rejump it is no longer an option. This brings the rules in line with the 7mps rule. They also proposed 2 competition training jumps (or orientation jumps).

New Point spreas in Accuracy including 1 more Scoring zone:

1. Water gate: 21
2. Water gate: 5
3. Water gate: 8
4. Water gate: 16

Zero Zone

1. Scoring Zone: 11
2. 19
3. 27
4. 34
5. 41
6. Zone 46, center 50
7. Zone -17
8. Zone -36

All competitors must receive a score for at leaste one water gate and one positiv scoring one in order tor receive a score for each round.

So they've gone back to basically the old scoring system for ZA but with the center zone box?

Close but not quite. They essentially did what should have been done in the first place, and that's increase gate 4's score, and decrease gate 2's score.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

So, is there any update yet on the AAD's? The fact that an AAD is mandatory is understandable, but why certain types and others not? (except for FXC off course... ;))
Is it safer (certainly for a competition at this level) to force people to jump an AAD that has no swoop mode and to prohibit others that do have a swoop mode? To my opinion the list with allowed AAD's is not complete!