dima39

Moded stearing lines on Velo

It looks like a line from the rear riser up to the steering line cascade. I think it 'boosts' the performance of the rear riaers by bringing some steering line input into the mix at some point.

For some reason I want to say that this was done years ago and called the 'J mod'. I don't remember if the 'J' was for Jay the PD pilot, or for Jim as in Jim Slaton, or maybe some other 'J' that I don't know about.

I'm 99% sure that the 'J' does not refer to a joint (a marajuana cigarette).

damn, that's like 2002-2003 stuff.

if memory serves me correct i think the line was designed (not sure if it worked or not) to give a little bit of toggle input if they got too deep into the rears and were about to stall. but shit, i don't even remember any more.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

For some reason I want to say that this was done years ago and called the 'J mod'. I don't remember if the 'J' was for Jay the PD pilot, or for Jim as in Jim Slaton, or maybe some other 'J' that I don't know about.

That would be Joe Bennett....circa 2000-2001.
He still has it on his canopy today.

BS,
MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

If it is indeed to give a little break input when getting deep on the rear risers, it sounds like something Brian Germain was talking about on Skydive Radio some time ago. The idea is to keep the tail of the canopy from deflecting "up" as to keep a more streamlined profile. I believe the "Fat Tail" design on the Samurai is supposed to achieve a similar result.
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.