Greig474

Daedalus XFS

Well.. if the joke has to be explained... then no, you dont have a sense of humor. And that sucks for you, really.

I spent alot of time wondering what type of sense of humor people had while in america (for example),some things i did not find funny, and my fellow australasians did not either.

However we had copious amounts of fun and laughs that the americans could not understand.

My pont is that I don't have to understand your humor to have a sense of humor.

I spend all day having fun and my skydiving crw here have alot of laughs. there are two americans working with us and it took them some time to get the humor but now they do, and they have fun with us.

don't be so arrogant to think that your way is the only way, that is the downfall of the USA today , don't bring it here to these forums. We want to learn about canopy control and not be poked fun at!

keep to the subject!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

That was me trying to sell the canopy I bought without the money to pay for it.

You can stop busting my balls now, asshole.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

don't be so arrogant to think that your way is the only way, that is the downfall of the USA today , don't bring it here to these forums

Psst... I am Russian... And while the sole purpose of my stay here is bringing forth the "downfall of the USA", i must ask you to not blow my cover at this time. It's all part of the big plan and rest assured that once we bring this country down, PD will fall too and the JVX will emerge victorious!

I spent alot of time wondering what type of sense of humor people had while in america (for example),some things i did not find funny, and my fellow australasians did not either.

May i suggest Borat's report on the US of A as key study material for your continued education on American humor? http://www.spike.com/video/borat-humor-coach/2829271

That was me trying to sell the canopy I bought without the money to pay for it.

You can stop busting my balls now, asshole.

:ph34r: that was YOUR ad?! :D good on you, buddy! I've been meaning to find out more about how a canopy INSTANTLY added 300 feet to your swoop. Tell us more, please.

May i suggest Borat's report on the US of A as key study material for your continued education on American humor? http://www.spike.com/...-humor-coach/2829271

yes american humor is quite often pathetic and not funny, thanks for the clarification.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Stop the brand wars in this forum.

I'm sick and tired of it.

Anyone worth their salt in the community, isn't in some sort of brand war with a competing product. All it does is make a pilot LOSE credibility.

In fact, it's rarely even a conversation point at swoop meets.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

top the brand wars in this forum.

I'm sick and tired of it.

Anyone worth their salt in the community, isn't in some sort of brand war with a competing product. All it does is make a pilot LOSE credibility.

In fact, it's rarely even a conversation point at swoop meets.

Do you remeber commenting on the photo that was supposed to be so funny?

'Your' participation in the obvious hijacking of this thread promted me to comment. Daves response was the most obvious and easy to point out.

Please 'practice what you preach' with non bias.

I do however applaud you for removoing the content of this thread that is not applicable to the OP's inquiries.

I believe this canopy is nothing more than a Crossfire 2 with sail material option.

I don't believe they have done anything different with the wing design. I looked into this canopy at one point but couldn't justify the costs of a new canopy so I bought a used XF2.
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

I believe this canopy is nothing more than a Crossfire 2 with sail material option.

I don't believe they have done anything different with the wing design. I looked into this canopy at one point but couldn't justify the costs of a new canopy so I bought a used XF2.

That was always my understanding of the wing. That it was an XF2 with sail material. As I'm not familiar with the details of the product line, it's entirely possible that I'm wrong though.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

If you have one can you answer if there is any cross bracing in any of the cells of this canopy?

Google took me straight to the manufaturer's product page here:

THE DAEDALUS XFS

(Extreme Crossfire for skydiving or ground launching)

Daedalus canopies offers the "XFS" for pilots wanting more from a non cross braced canopy with GREAT openings! The XFS (Xtreme Crossfire Special) has the crossfire airfoil shape and is available in ZP or sail material in either a hybrid or full sail configuration. The XFS is available with your choice of technora or vectran lines. The XFS was previously known as the "GLS" but there were two versions in both the Crossfire and Safire platform so they each got their own name now.
A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
D.S # 125

Thanks for unlocking the thread Ian. As far as i'm aware it is the same as a crossfire 2, the difference is the sail material and i have also heard that the line trim is different. I don't know if they adjusted the trim just for the sake of ground launching, or if it benefits swooping as well. There may be a lot more to it than this though. Anyone know more?

i have also heard a few people saying they were considering buying an XFS but decided against it because of the cost compared to a crossfire 2. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe sail material lasts longer, swoops further, is better in turbulence (because it is more rigid) and it inflates much easier (for ground launching). To me this justifies the extra cost but this is coming from my very limited knowledge of canopy design and canopy piloting.

I have no idea about swooping or GL, sorry, I have done a little bit of reading on the XFS & daedalus canopies in general and had also read that the line trim was different. I know there were some concerns with sail material wearing out quickly actually, at least in the early stages. It's also harder to pack and very bulky from what I've read/heard.

i believe sail material lasts longer

Did they fix that problem they were having? The sail material JVX's were falling apart after a few hundred jumps. Apparently what was found was that the numbers for UV resistance was good, but the stress of opening wasn't good for the material at all. I assume they fixed that, though...at least I would hope.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I think you may be right. I pretty certain when the first generation came out as the GLS-XF and it had the partial cross bracing, but it appears that the newer model XFS does not. It does based on the current pictures on the website look like the XFS still has the partially closed nose on the end cells (like the JVX).

That really sticks out in my memory. This was one of the major reasons I was interested in it at the time. None the less it appears to no longer be the case.

I think the orignal marketing for the canopy GLS-XF was that it could be a GL or skydiving canopy, but I also think that is no longer the case. The GLX is the pure GL wing now. And partial cross bracing appears to have not panned out since the GLX is now a fully cross braced canopy and the XFS has none. There must have been issues or no performance benefits from partial cross bracing.