ReyNier

30.000 US$ price money DUBAI SWOOP

The "International Parachuting Championship and Gulf Cup" 06.Jan.-18.Jan.2009 announces 30.000 US$ as price money for the SWOOP EVENT.

SPEED
1st $ 5,000.--
2nd $ 3,000.--
3rd $ 2,000.--

DISTANCE
1st $ 5,000.--
2nd $ 3,000.--
3rd $ 2,000.--

ZONE ACCURACY
1st $ 5,000.--
2nd $ 3,000.--
3rd $ 2,000.--

OVERALL
- SPECIAL EXTRA PRIZES -

The competition that takes place at the top area of the Palm Tree Island is according to FAI rules and "open". More information you find here: www.Emitatesaviation.com.

The registration form you find: http://www.emiratesaviation.org/AAA%20DUBAI%202010/REGO%20FORM%20new%20II.pdf

Registration seems a little steep. Any idea what's included in the $600?

According to a post in Events:

ENTRY FEE: Includes accommodation, meals from dinner on day of arrival 06th January
2010 breakfast on departure day 18th January 2010, transport from/to Dubai International
Airport, local transportation, all competition jumps and one orientation jump.

Remster

At that price if I were a competitive swooper I don't think I could pass it up. Even if the cost of the plane ticket were $1000 it would be a good deal! Considering what you get for that $600!
Unfortunately my discipline is 4 way VFS.

I'm hearing conflicting reports about this.

Reynier, can you please clarify who's eligible for prize money?

Thanks,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Reynier, can you please clarify who's eligible for prize money?

Marat ask you to find out for him?:o:D

This would be an excellent meet to go to, but my passport isn't up to date...maybe a meet like this will happen again in a few years when I'm hopefully doing better in competition.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Qute from the 2nd Bulleten

"Countries may enter ONE (1) complete team in each event for the
Dubai Parachuting Championship BUT -Each NAC must determine on the Final registration form which of the registered teams are considered to be the national representative team for each event in the Dubai Championships.
Only the nominated teams will be eligible for trophies/medals for the Dubai Championships.
"

"23. COMPOSITION OF DELEGATION
1 x Head of Delegation
1 x Team Coach/ Manager
1 x Judge (FAI judge – to be confirmed by Chief Judge)
5 x Men Accuracy & 4-Way Formation Skydiving
5 x Women Accuracy & 4-Way Formation Skydiving
2 x Canopy Piloting
"

<<<<<<->>>>>>

Anybody know anything I don't?

Have you seen the news in the last 2 days? Stockmarkets worldwide affected by the current crisis in Dubai? A Dubai state subsidiary called Dubai World has liabilities of £36 billion, it has a subsidiary called Nakheel that built the Palm Islands development (you know the 'landing area' - the development/state the meet was supposed to promote). Dubai is now so fucked it is hoping a sister Emirate state (Abu Dhabi) will bail it out.

Regardless of the fact that this event would cost them peanuts to host I doubt they'd continue with it from a PR point of view (Dubai's total debt is £48 billion). The property market crashed in Dubai (down 40% this year).

Edited : => It is just my opinion that the meet won't go ahead and of course I could be wrong (again, just ask Tom B). :)