justinhawxhurst

Vmax canopy by parachute systems europe

Just a few questions about the vmax 89.

How does it handel high gusty winds?

How dose it handle turbulanse?

I am looking to fly it in the mountains at high altitude in the french alps.

Please just help with the questions. Preferably from people who have flown it and can actualy give some answer to them.

Thanks

I think the vmax 89 would be a very poor choice for you to fly at high altitudes, in gusty and windy conditions.

The truth is, almost any canopy would be a poor choice in those conditions, but the worst choice of all would be a very small canopy that you have never jumped before.

If you were going to fly in those conditions, I would reccomend a conservative wing loading on a canopy you have already jumped several hundred times.

you have no idea about my flying level. Thats why I asked for responses from people who have flown the canopy. This canopy will actualy be up sizing for the flying I usualy do. I am flying a 72 right now and have a few flights on smaller. dont worry about the size. I would like to know about this canopies and how it handls these situations.

Davelepka have you ever flown in conditions where the wind was strong enough for you to thermal a stiletto 120 and gain 300m in altitude? Well I have and that was a great day flying. I can handel what I am doing. Yes I might get bit but I weigh the options before flying.

Have you ever tried to ski launch a how did you put it "conservative wing loading " it does not work and more to the point can hurt you more then a wing loaded. If you dont know about the vmax then you can not help me on this.

Thanks for being the sky patrole though.

you have no idea about my flying level.

You'd be surprised how much a person can gather about one's flying level just based on the above statement and the way it was presented.

The VMAX has been compared closest to a XAOS - I have no jumped one but there are a few South Africans here who have and can give you some good info about it.

Your best bet is to avoid flying in turbulent or gusty conditions - no RAM-Air canopy out there, x-braced or not, is turbulence proof.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

You'd be surprised how much a person can gather about one's flying level just based on the above statement and the way it was presented.

Ian, out of curiosity, how many times have you seen that same statement followed in a few months by an incident report? I know I have seen way too many...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

That's an interesting response to several points I didn't make. I didn't ask you about what canopies you have flown or what sizes you have flown them at.

I don't care who you are. I would give that same adivce to a pro swooper with 10 gold medals. The conditions you described are not a good place to be flying a very small canopy that you have no experience with, and regardless of what other canopies you have jumped, 89 sq. ft is most certainly a very small canopy.

Getting hurt up in the mountains is serious business. It can take awhile for help to reach you, and it's usually cold as hell up there. I'm not sure why you think it's a place to take a canopy that you know so little about that you have to ask questions on the internet, but I would suggest you rethink your equipment selection.

Ian, out of curiosity, how many times have you seen that same statement followed in a few months by an incident report? I know I have seen way too many...

ditto....

including my own st 260 jumps....

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

I think you're in love with Ian. First that embarrassing flocking thread and then this apparent need for affirmation from him...
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

I think you're in love with Ian. First that embarrassing flocking thread and then this apparent need for affirmation from him...

Oh, you finally found me out. The secret love for Ian. Its been such a long and tough road, trying to hide it all these years, thank you for bringing it out in the open for me.

Ian is my 2nd, the G-dub would be first on my list...with those catch me fuck me shorts he always wears:D

Oh, you finally found me out. The secret love for Ian. Its been such a long and tough road, trying to hide it all these years, thank you for bringing it out in the open for me.

Ian is my 2nd, the G-dub would be first on my list...with those catch me fuck me shorts he always wears:D

I think actually that you fantasize about being on the PD factory team and Ian is just the personification of that dream for you. That concludes my psychoanalysis.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

I think actually that you fantasize about being on the PD factory team and Ian is just the personification of that dream for you. That concludes my psychoanalysis.

Dude, I look horrible in blue. Maybe if the team would change their colors to green and black, then I would consider it. They would also have to take someone who places in the back half of the pack.:D