padu

Video comparing opening on a Velo and Xaos

I have a Velo 103 and a 27 Xaos 98 loaded at about 2.25-2.3. I find that my Velo hunts less than my Xaos. My Xaos does have quicker openings, though. With all the factors involved with the opening sequence on X-braced canopies, I do agree with doing nothing but staying even in the harness, to a point. "If" my canopy decides to take that last ditch hard turn after it inflates, I'm pulling on the opposite riser to steer it back.

"I promise, I will never die."

I don't know if change in wl had something to do with the openings but my velo84 doesn't hunt as much as my velo90 used to and it seems that 84 opens quicker. The openings improved big time with para-concepts removable slider on velo90 and i'v never jumped 84 with stock slider.
On the opening i place my hands on all 4 risers and just go with a canopy and flex my butt cheeks a little to help it make a decision of where it wants to go but nothing drastic. Seems to work for me so far.