blazetailman

Swoop Week and Nationals

USPA CP Nats has gotten off to a slow start. There are 49 open and 15 advanced competitors, which is really cool, but we haven't gotten a load up since yesterday morning.

Only 1 round of ZA was completed. About 1/3 of round 2 of ZA was started, but had to be shut down due to winds yesterday. Today was rained and winded out. We have a 0700 meet for the comp tomorrow, lets have our fingers crossed so that we can continue!

If it wasn't for that hurricane coming across Mexico, I think it would have been fine.

Although instead of competition wind limit headwinds like we have had over the past week, it looks like we'll have competition wind limit tailwinds tomorrow! That should make things interesting.:D

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

So far, after 1 round of distance, 1 round of ZA completed (and 1/3 of the 2nd one done).

1) Hans Paulsen
2) Brian McNenny
3) Jessica Edgington

These are UNOFFICIAL results as there as some disputes being resolved.

We're on a hold, again, and will hopefully be picking up again this afternoon.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

I wish they would post the 2nd round of Distance...

I also hope that tomorrow has us jumping our butts off. I can't take too many more of these "first jumps" of the competition. I'm always kind of worked up on the first jump of a comp and every jump so far, being very spaced out, it seems like every jump is the first jump.

At least tomorrow is the last day possible for the comp...the longest comp ever...the comp that won't end.

Yeah, definitely one of the more challenging comps - from the conditions, to the start and stop thanks to the weather.

Lots of zero's by the top of the field on today's 2nd distance round so the pack will get leveled (for the most part) all over again.

Will make for a tight, exciting comp.

See you out there at 7am.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Guest competitors.

Or G-men, since Marat showed his level of ability and talent!

What a very challenging comp, with all the starts and stops and the very bad winds from varying directions (except for Saturday).

I can't wait for next year, although the training will be much more intense this year. Who cares, though, swooping is fun and competitive swooping is even better! A swoop comp is half competition and half reunion. :)
EDIT:

It looks like the scores are wrong, though, since the guest's runs were counted in the percentage of the score, so there may be some minor changes but it looks like the top finishers still stay in position. Their actual scores should change slightly as well, though.