hookturn2

Hill swooping

I did some hill swooping in Oregon. This is kind of like swooping at a ski resort except no skis and it's harder to find a good place to do it.
I'm wondering if anyone know where there is a good place in Washington state.
I went to the ski resort last year, and swooped my canopy down the mountain. The ski patrol was VERY unhappy with me, so I'm lookind for people who want to do this and a good place.

There's lots of good information around here on this subject - also lots on paraglidingforum.com. There are good lessons to be learnt from both sides of the fence.

Have a search for 'Groundlaunching' or 'speedflying'.

:)

Just to point out to anyone else thinking of trying this - it's a new sport and should be approached in the same way as BASE jumping.
Please, please don't just go to a hill and fly off it. Particularly if there are members of the public there. Putting other people at risk, even if you don't think you are, is unacceptable. Remember - whuffos will see you as reckless and crazy just for doing it.
Call Duane Hall at Square 1 and ask how much hassle he and Jim Slaton had arranging access at Isabella.

There are right and wrong ways to arrange access. Hell, sometimes you might even have to go and talk to the landowner! ;)

It will only take one accident to burn a site.

Come to Norway next year for the Extremesports week 2010 and join them flying 5-6000f mountains into a 1000f wide wally ;)

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no