Jiggs

All sail JVX

Hey all,

Does anyone know if the fabric of the sail cloth offered by icarus has changed?

I recently picked up a new JVX 79 and it packs up unbeleviable large. I am talking about a 170 or so!

I had previously borrowed a mates all sail (made a few years ago) and put a handful of jumps on it in my container. With that canopy, it would pack up something like a 135-150 and was not a drama to pack in an OJK.

Packing this one up I end up with it overfilling the bag by at least 2-3 inches!

So I am wondering if it will age a bit and have a smaller pack volume? Or is just that the sail material is now different and the volume has jumped up again?

Any thoughts? Or experiences?
"Don't blame malice for what stupidity can explain."

"In our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart and in our despair, against our will comes wisdom" - Aeschylus

What containers do you pack the 77 amd 83 into?
When did you get the canopy?

"In our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart and in our despair, against our will comes wisdom" - Aeschylus

Wow - that 83 must be tight!!!

Have now got the 79 into a 170ish bag. Seems to go okay, now all I need to do is get a big container! I borrowed an old 79 that fit into an OJK bag as a comparison.

The canopy flies like a dream but packs like a nightmare!

Wow - that 83 must be tight!!!

Have now got the 79 into a 170ish bag. Seems to go okay, now all I need to do is get a big container! I borrowed an old 79 that fit into an OJK bag as a comparison.

The canopy flies like a dream but packs like a nightmare!

Wow?

I just jumped an all sail JVX for the first time the other day, was amazed at the difference and even checked the linesets for a comparison, I have a JVXZP79 and the difference is astounding, there is no difference whatsoever in the design or lineset but the flight charactaristics were so different with just a change in material, it was kinda spooky!

I have Vector V304 and the ZP79 is kinda mushy in there, a reasonable fit but a soft packjob. We put the Allsail79 (older sailcloth) in the tray in a dbag and it closed in the container quite well, I'm planning on getting a all sail74(2.5p/sqf) and using it in my V304 but now I'm gonna double check...

Does anyone have a 70 something all sailJVX in a vector?
I have seen the new material feels really nice, not dry like the old stuff, but real crispy too, it seems kinda like the same stuff but with a zp silicone type finish, and made in New Zealand too!B|
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

New sail is different from the old sail cloth. It will start out much bulkier.

On the old sail I have about 50 jumps (canopy probably had 500-600 jumps) - canopy would fit in a 135 bag, tight but no problems. New sail started out even more massive, but the volume seems to be settling down as the canopy ages. Over the last 100-200 jumps mine is getting easier to pack and I am shrinking the bag to suit.

Edit to add:

The canopy flies incredibly well! I love it; the power on the rears is amazing. I am using this as my main canopy (and for comp). I think it is worth the pack volume!

When I was jumping a jvx, I was able to pack an all sail jvx69 with the new sail material in a v316 and it was a snug fit, but last I heard the newest sail material isnt being sold yet, due to being put through testing. I would say you could fit the all sail jvx75 in a v319, but dont expect it to be fun everytime you go to pack.

Update to add:

After about 300 jumps the canopy feels very similar to the old sail cloth canopy that I was using previously. Size is down to about a 135. Still is fantastic to fly!

After about 300 jumps the canopy feels very similar to the old sail cloth canopy that I was using previously

How's the porosity? Have you done the good ol' suction test on the high wear areas (bridal attachment point, center tail section, etc.)?