shah269

Yeah....soft landings? How do you do it?

I'm here to represent the Falcon 265 feelings. I've jumped an old, student, low porosity canopy at the Twin Otter Boogie in Saint Fred in the next summer after I've broken my leg. I've jumped that old wing out of Twin Otter. They usually have Cessna's there (just like where I've started) but they rented one for the boogie. I was impress by it! I didn't know in the plane yet but this jump was my 1st landing out!
I've did a stand up in the garden of fellow quebecker that was enjoying some work in the garden and I was happy with the canopy, really happy. I've felt free when I've landed out. The owner of the land was nice and he enjoyed asking questions.
So you see for me that old lopo wing from Saint Fred was a good experience because it come with all that and I'm here to return the favor!

The rig I've jumped was soo old with fabric coming out of the packing tray of main and reserve. I was afraid to jump it but then I've thought logically: This is a regular wing used for students in here and has been used so far with great success even today and I've seen it with my own eyes landing well. If students can do it with 2 jumps I can probably do it with 22 jumps ... and I did it. And I'm thinking the same about the Falcon 265.

Take it light,
Jean-Arthur Deda.

Edit to add: They had a Falcon 240 something and I weight 186 without gear.
Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

That said, even if it is 100% your fault, there IS gear that's more forgiving to a half flare mistake. Just don't jump the Falcon 265 again at your weight and physique. There are more forgiving gear.

Sim is to take the old wing out for a spin today I'm told. There were two other hard landings other than mine. One involved some one just stunning their ankles a little and the other....well he's a brick shit house so he was ok. But still to rather hard landings with full flare.
If Sim thinks the old bird is past her prime she will be put out to pasture.
But I went over to the DZ this past week end with hot dogs and sodas to thank the guys and gals for calling 911 and helping carry my fat ass to the ambulance. And we got to talking, it was 99.99% my fault.
Sure the rig is a little old but it was 99.99% my fault.
I started my final way too late, I limited my options and I only half flared and my PLF sucked (right leg lower than the left). All that said...I'm ok knowing I screwed up.
But that being said, if the rig is being put out to pasture.....I want a piece of it since it got a piece of me!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!