KathleenL

From zp.exe to Nitron

Does anyone have advice about the Nitron canopy. I just got my new Nitron 135 and the flight charactisitcs are so different than my old canopy. I used to fly a zp.exe from Parachute Systems( South African company)
Note to my friend Ian. I did not downsize just changed canopy type.
So what I have noticed right off is the range. I felt like I stayed up in the air forever. And the flair is different I easily stood up landings. Also, once I started my flair it feels like I am flying across the ground level for a long time before I finish the flair and touch the ground. My former canopy was very ground hungry. Zero swoop on landing.
Is the snivel on the Nitron really long or is that just me? Of course the openings have been very soft and on heading so I am not complaining.
Any advice on how to fly the Nitron is welcome. :)

I am wondering what you're asking help for since you seem to have everything about that canopy down :)
I fly a Nitron 150 and love it also. Mine doesn't snivel much (I don't roll the nose at all) but I still have great openings. The only other attribute it has that you didn't mention is the fact that it recovers from a turn very fast, with no input from the pilot.

I think the big reason I asked about the Nitron was that I was messing up my landing pattern and overshooting my target. But I have it figured out now. There is sooooo much forward glide on the Nitron. It is great for getting back from a long spot too. LOVE IT!

I agree! I was overshooting my target every single time, but I've gotten used to it now. But that glide is awesome on long spots! Its funny to see other people next to me struggling to get every ounce of glide and I just tug lightly on the rears B|

My openings arent really consistent though. Not much of a snivel, and the heading seems to depend on how much work i put into staying symmetrical. Maybe they seem a little fast because I was used to the 1000 ft snivels from my pilot :P

"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

I agree! I was overshooting my target every single time, but I've gotten used to it now. But that glide is awesome on long spots! Its funny to see other people next to me struggling to get every ounce of glide and I just tug lightly on the rears B|

My openings arent really consistent though. Not much of a snivel, and the heading seems to depend on how much work i put into staying symmetrical. Maybe they seem a little fast because I was used to the 1000 ft snivels from my pilot :P

Yeah my nitron always opens fast, but never hard... also rarely on heading.
"Damn you Gravity, you win again"

Funny thing is, I altered my slider to make it removable this last week. It looks alot like the deepseed version, but instead of a whole new slider I just modified my original. Since then, every single opening has been on heading and slower. Who knows! ;)

"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52