AggieDave

Texas Swoop Comps 2009

Sorry for the delay folks.

Due to scheduling, there are only three comps this year. The first two are at SD Houston and the last is scheduled for SD Spaceland.

Aug 1-2 SD Houston
Aug 29-30 SD Houston
Sept ? SD Spaceland

I'm waiting for confirmation from SD Spaceland to get the date finalized, but it will be on their new nationals pond! Yes there are two comps in one month, but the scheduling conflicts with TSL made it work that way.

If anyone is able to give me a hand, I would appreciate it. Also, anyone that can help judge would be a huge help!

The Saturday is a practice day and the Sunday is the competition. 0800 on Sunday is the competitors meeting with the comp starting at 0900.

There is a Facebook group called "Texas Swoopers" that will also be updated with information as it continues.

Any questions, drop me a line. You can e-mail me at dirtbagswooper-at-gmail-dot-com.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Cool! Do post that Sept date as soon as possible. I want to schedule that comp for sure and come down and see/swoop that Spaceland pond. I'll try for a day or two before comp and come and lend you a hand.

If I were you, I'd make all the announcements to the FLCPA members as well via FB to get the word out. See you then!
P-

Any plans to hold some comps in North Texas??

No. Firstly, because of the lack of ponds on DZs in Nortexas and secondly I simply do not have the time to have more than 3 comps this year. I'm sorry for that. Hopefully next year someone will be able and willing to offer some help organizing and we can expand the meets to other DZs in Texas. If they have ponds.

After competing in ground meets over the past few years, I'm simply just not a fan.

Please do not feel like I have the lock down on swoop comps in Texas. If you want to hold a meet at your DZ, organize it and I'll try to make it to the meet. Or if you would like to help organize next year, I would welcome the help!:)

thats what cars and gasoline are for.;)

Your answer goes both ways....

true, but think of it this way, do you want to compete or do you not?

when I was competing i would find myself driving all day to get to a comp on the next day.

how bad do you want it?

also, dave is right, you could always organize your own comp. trust me, that job sucks.

"if you build it, they will come"

I want to, but there is a TSL event that weekend. This week the date should be hashed out, I'll bring it up and that is actually the weekend that I had wanted to hold the meet in the first place. So cross your fingers and we'll see what happens.

Hey Dave ... I'm out of work again, and if that is still the case come that time, I'll be happy to help with setup etc. ... just let me know. I had posted on the Aggieland forum a while back about this, but guess you haven't checked it in a while ... LOL! Gonna be out wednesday by any chance?? ... uncle of mine coming up there to do a tandem.
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

The first comp is this weekend, we're going to have a good time. Come join us at SD Houston.

Saturday is the practice day. Sunday is the comp. 0800 is the briefing and 0900 starts the comp. You can register the day of the comp and costs $20 for this comp.

Spaceland meet!

Sept 13.

This is going to be a pre-nationals meet, with the same course that the DZ is going to use at nationals. Practice day will be Saturday the 12th and the meet will be Sunday the 13th. Once again the competitor briefing will be at 0800 and wheels up will be 0900.

This is the meet to be at to get to get some practice in before mid October!

Roo took third and missed 2nd by 9 points! He had an outstanding day.

VERY much to my surprise, not a single gate was taken out by a swooper during the comp, although another jumper (not Roo) did try to empty the swoop pond.

This was definitely Daniel Carrol's meet! He had an exceptionally high score and flew incredibly well. Kip showed great improvement since last year and the year before. Roo showed that he's got what it takes to fly and JP showed that he's an incredible canopy pilot that has a couple of refinements to make for competition. The level of competition is much higher this year then it ever has been in any of the regional Texas meets before.

1. Daniel Carrol
2. Kip
3. Roo
4. Justin Price