txlottowinner

mounting a neptune to a leg strap

I need some ideas or some visuals on how I can mount my neptune on my left leg strap ( non articulated).
I have seen some other swoopers set them up but I can't remember if they used pillows or direct attachment to the strap. Any input would be most helpful. I posted this in gear and rigging and no info, so hopefully somebody over here in the pilots forum can help me.
Thanks
It's all fun and games till the ground gets big!

you dont need a mounting surface on a pillow. The metal (or cloth) mounting plate that comes with your Neptune should be good. It will mount to that tape on top of the pillow same way as it would to the wrist mount.

Here is what it looks like on the leg pad. I will post some pics of the pillow/neptune close up later, if nobody has a pic handy.

I took one of those pads that frost showed, dismantled it, cut it down, and sewed it up smaller so it was just big enough for the neptune. I also sewed it to the leg strap padding up close to the apex rather than just sliding it over the leg strap...this gets it up a little higher, where I find I can see it better.

"Holy s*** that was f***in' cold!"

I must have forgotten... here are some pics of the Neptune on a pillow mounted to a leg strap.
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

I need some ideas or some visuals on how I can mount my neptune on my left leg strap ( non articulated).
I have seen some other swoopers set them up but I can't remember if they used pillows or direct attachment to the strap. Any input would be most helpful. I posted this in gear and rigging and no info, so hopefully somebody over here in the pilots forum can help me.
Thanks

I cant help with the pillow but was just wondering if the information in your profile regarding canopy is correct...

Diablo 61 ft² (3.20 lbs/ft²)
Reserve: Minimax 62 ft² (3.15 lbs/ft²)

with only about 350 jumps???

please tell me thats BS [:/]

Thats 369 !!!!!!!!!!!! my favorite number. hahahaha you ever listen to little john!!!! lolol Thats been up there for about over a month and you are the first person to actually notice it, lol Last diablo I jumped was in the 150 range and it was a true POS hahaha. I do like my reserves to be bigger than my main though. Yes it is a joke, those canopies do not exist, and if they did I would love to know the crazy b&stard who jumped them. Take care
It's all fun and games till the ground gets big!

Thats 369 !!!!!!!!!!!! my favorite number. hahahaha you ever listen to little john!!!! lolol Thats been up there for about over a month and you are the first person to actually notice it, lol Last diablo I jumped was in the 150 range and it was a true POS hahaha. I do like my reserves to be bigger than my main though. Yes it is a joke, those canopies do not exist, and if they did I would love to know the crazy b&stard who jumped them. Take care

Lol.... I must admit Id never heard of them... but Ive seen some crazy sh*t on here!

You know that thing that you put on the Neptune when you place it on your hand. I take that, tuck in the loop where my fingers go and the loop where the strap goes. Then I use a longer strap that goes around my leg that is attached to a piece of velcro. Tuck that strap between the Neptune and the thing I mentioned in the beginning. Strap that to my leg relatively tighly.

I've been using this method for the last 700 jumps and I have never lost an alti. Also it is very cheap to make.