lilchief

Something new from PD

What i dont understand is why would they show the landing of the Pulse compared to the Katana if the pulse is more tords the lower performance braket. Why wouldnt they compare its landing to the Sabre 2 instead?
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

What i dont understand is why would they show the landing of the Pulse compared to the Katana if the pulse is more tords the lower performance braket. Why wouldnt they compare its landing to the Sabre 2 instead?

Honestly, I don't know. It's very obviously more docile based on the video. Maybe the KA just illustrated the point better?

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Reading the docs on it PD states the front risers dive less then a Sabre2 so I doubt that is the intended market for it. I am wondering what is means for the Silhouette in its future since its market seems shared with the Pulse.

My take on it is in levels of aggressiveness:

9 Cells:
Navigator
Pulse
Sabre2 /Stiletto
Katana

7 Cells:
Storm / Spectre
Velocity
Comp Velocity
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Reading the docs on it PD states the front risers dive less then a Sabre2 so I doubt that is the intended market for it. I am wondering what is means for the Silhouette in its future since its market seems shared with the Pulse.

9 Cells:
Navigator
Pulse
Sabre2 /Stiletto
Katana

7 Cells:
Storm / Spectre
Lightning
Velocity
Comp Velocity

9 Cells:
Navigator
Pulse
Sabre2
Stiletto
Katana

My initial estimate is aligned with yours... However, it would be nice to get some kind of confirmation. Looking forward to some kind of a review...

Looks like the pulse is a step back from the stiletto. Similar glide characteristics in a less high-performance package. Seems to be an alternative to the Sabre2-Katana progression, filling in the gap behind the stiletto in performance.

I recently got an email from John Leblanc about the stiletto not being a good progression canopy to the Katana and then Velo. They seem to consider it under a different branch.

I was asking PD in general why there was no literature comparing the Sabre2 to the Katana since it seemed a more logical step, and one I've just made recently. Customer service kicked it up to him, and he replied that they hope to come out with new documents soon on the Katana flight characteristics compared to a Sabre2 because he felt that was a safer progression to the Katana than from a Stiletto.

"The Stiletto is not really a step between the Sabre2 and the Katana, but it is a different animal altogether. Different strokes for different folks."
Apparently there is a seminar he has given based on this idea titled: “The Two Paths of Canopy Progression.”

To me, the Pulse would seem to be a step back in performance, ideal for those who want the glide of a Stiletto, but are not ready for an elliptical yet. In other words, a less swoopy version of a sabre2, with better glide characteristics.

Progression lineup looks more like this?

Swooping oriented:
Sabre2
Katana
Velo

Not-swoop oriented:
Pulse
Stilletto

I realize that I do not post often on these forums, so this may seem out of the blue, but I felt it was information I should share. I haven't included any of the other canopies because, frankly, I know very little about them.

The comp velo and the big Optima gets me really excited. The Pulse I have no idea what its for, so I guess I'll have to get a demo to see what the canopy is about.

:|Not Me. I'm very depressed. :( I'm gonna sit in the corner and eat contaminated peanut butter products.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"