lilchief

Something new from PD

I just compared the line trims of the VE90 and the VC90 and to me they are the same. So, what is the difference between the two canopies, apart from the WL chart and the removable slider (off course).
300's or also things inside the canopy?

Curious!

obviously to get accurate mod details is hard due to building secrecy and stuff

from my really limited experience and information also seeing Pablo Hernandez jumping one in Spain:

- line attachement points are different (you dont have the regular fabric tabs around the attachment point)
- the canopy attachement point is different
- the front riser pressure seems to bit a bit lighter
- rear riser pressure is higher
- rear riser has better response (ive seen some amazing quick recoveries)
- i think the stabilizers are different too
- what really fliped me out is that the canopy really SOUNDS different, its like a jet landing I LOVE IT
- the nose of the canopy seemed a bit diffrerent (no accurate info on that tough)
- overall his swooping distance and speed increased, the canopy just doesnt stop, is crazy!!!

pretty sure in a few weeks people will know everything about it

Competion Velo is ONLY $3200... It does come with an RDS though... Still seems about $200 high though.

comes out to just about right, no? $2600 for a brand new regular velo. $300 for a new HMA350 lineset, $300 for an RDS

I am very happy the "new" Velo finally came out. But realistically, how many people is it geared towards? How many "regular", non-sponsored pilots will switch to a comp velo and show results close to PD Team results in competitions? I think we can count them on two hands, if you dont count the currently sponsored pilots. If that.

When the Velo came out (and before that the FX), and when the VX came out they were all canopies that were geared for the "top of the top".

And every shmuck bought one. (including me)
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Competion Velo is ONLY $3200... It does come with an RDS though... Still seems about $200 high though.

comes out to just about right, no? $2600 for a brand new regular velo. $300 for a new HMA350 lineset, $300 for an RDS

I guess you're right Mike... I didn't realize they were giving an extra lineset with the canopy... My bad.

Pulse seems to be a Pilot replacement or even a side step for the Stiletto.

If there was a canopy coming out to replace the Pilot it would have to come out of Aerodyne not PD, since PD did not make the Pilot and have no power to replace it. We do welcome new Pilot class canopy on the market as it gives end user more choices in finding a wing that will suit them best.:)