hparrish

Raeford NC Swoop Pond

Does anyone know of the estimated date of completion?

I was told last month that they thought it might be done before the SkyFest event in June. Not sure if they knew the start date then, I would imagine it would be if they broke ground yesterday?? Sounds like it will be a nice one?

Its all starting to make sense. Timing is everything. Good job on Raefords part ;)

But but but i set the event dates:(;) whats that worth? I know I know, go back to my hole and keep organizing stuff..LOL

So what is that gonna do to my Pitts airspace??? Cant yall start your turns below 1000' anymore, like the ole days.:S:)Ahh shoot Sonic wanted 2000' jumpruns over Raeford West Hmmm, guess he goes further out.
Its gonna be fun!!!

I was told last month that they thought it might be done before the SkyFest event in June. Not sure if they knew the start date then, I would imagine it would be if they broke ground yesterday?? Sounds like it will be a nice one?

i never really got a 100% answer, but from what ive heard it will be done well in time for skyfest. that's not stone, only thing i know for sure is that it was marked and that construction was to start soon

I am going to get slammed for this, but the honest truth is that the average Raeford skydiver is not ready for it. I know damn near half of them....There will be many, many wet, reserve-repacked needed personnel.

Well I guess I'll go first then.........If your'e buddies can't bust your balls who can???

Maybe you can come down and Teach me how to swoop that pond :o

Wow....I just returned from Vacation and my idiot brother getting married! Couldn't talk him out of it!
I am back from the land of dial up only to realize something that I already knew. Mr Shatalov....is mildly retarded!
I just went and looked at the construction progress today after getting in from a 12 hour drive. I plan on getting a spoon and digging nonstop until the completion is at hand.
I will take some pics and post them as I can, for now, I shall pass out from sensory overload!
"Dropzone.com, where uneducated people measuring penises, has become an art form"

Does that mean, in the spirit of things, we could do water-training before the first load...or after the last load?

...or during the SCR ceremony?

:P
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Well we usually have water training scheduled during the event, last year was the first year we did not due to lack of water. We will post a schedule so folks can complete their B during the event. It will usually happen early such as the Mon-Thur time.

And I am sure there will be other uses for the pond that will be discovered during the event...:P

Beings that I have a Camper at Raeford, I guess I could just drive my ass to the DZ and take pictures myself.

But It's much easier to have a Texan do it for me.;)

Well I'll be a.....geez! Yeah man!
What no pictures yet? One of the reasons I am flying to Raeford is to walk the property for the layout of SkyFest. Cant trust the Google aerial. And hear you are asking pics from me.B|

By the way, I believe we have met, I keep thinking Sebastian, but at the same time I know I have been to RPC and CSS 3 x's more than sebastian..:S

Will expect pics by monday, can you include a good aerial as well? Need it to create a map, and landing pattern fliers?? Ill give ya photo credit, lol

Be safe