padu

Flight changes from 1.66 to 1.86

I've been jumping a stiletto 120 loaded at around 1.66 (I've lost some weight, so it may be less) for around 800 jumps... in practice, what changes in flight characteristics if I go for 1.86 (stiletto 107)?
I don't want a radical change, and if the additional .2 makes it soo much more radical, then I think I'll pass.
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

I had a Stiletto 107 loaded at abut 1.8 or 1.9, and really liked how it flew. Compared to a few 120s that I have jumped over the years, I would say you will notice a slightly longer recovery, a little more speed, and a slightly more abrupt tendency to stall if you get too deep into your flare. It will still hang up in the sky forever in brakes on those long spots. I used to get some really decent swoops out of my 107. I always struggled to do so with 120s.

Canuck

I had a Stiletto 107 loaded at abut 1.8 or 1.9, and really liked how it flew

I disagree. I really enjoyed a Stiletto at 1.7 but at 1.9 I thought that the canopy just didn't perform well. That was on a 170 and then on a 150, so YMMV with those tiny 109 type canopies.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."