justchrisdsp

jvx sizes

anyone here own or know of someone who owns a jvx in the 100+ size. they say they will make any size but i am wondering what size seems to work best. and what people actually have.

The only bad skydive is your last!
chris "sonic wookie" harwell
Piedra-belluda-roja Rodriguez

im about 235-240 out the door. i am looking for something around a 107. i know they make them anysize you want but i was wondering what sizes they have tested them at. if the engineering really holds up at all sizes or if its better at certain sizes like the velocity.

i know they make them anysize you want but i was wondering what sizes they have tested them at

They don't test them at all sizes, it's just not financially viable. This is why, most, manufactures don't offer anything at any size. Just doesn't work that way.

I would try and contact Bundy Tailor and talk to him - he's a big guy who jumps a JVX, you can find out what size he has and if he's been happy with it.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

i was wondering what sizes they have tested them at. if the engineering really holds up at all sizes or if its better at certain sizes like the velocity.

just like old VX they will make any size you want. I think they computer scale it? But I seriously doubt it's possible to have tested most popular "custom" sizes, much less all of them:) I dont even know how extensively they test their regular sizes...

im about 235-240 out the door. i am looking for something around a 107

i am pretty much same weight as you (~240 w/gear) and I own a custom sized JVX92 (ZP). I love the way it flies at a fairly heavy wingloading of 2.5-2.6. I had an 87 (sail) and at 2.8 it flew great.

i am asking these questions way in advance of course, i wont be back from iraq until at least august. i am going to get back on my velo till i feel current again and then start going for the jvx. i have heard they like to be loaded but i just have a mental block for going sub-100. i might have to do some test jumps or something with it to see how i feel. then there is always the possibility of jumping at around 2.3. and then gradually stepping up if i think i need more.

I would like to have a JVX, but until I can get one I will continue to jump my FX 79 at 3.0 The JVX is a much better canopy that performs better at high wingloading than the FX. don't be overly concerned just because a canopy is sub-100 remember the canopy doesn't hurt us its what we do with the canopy that hurts us.
If you never fall down you aren't trying hard enough.