skymeat

Xaos 27 at 2.0 ?

Hi all. I don’t post but read a lot. But I have a question this time I can’t find in other posts. So here we go.
I’ve been trying a xaos 27 98 for a few jumps now, it’s a used one which is for sale. I like the way it flies and lands. The opening I need to get used to. I’m 198 out the door. So that makes a wing load of 2.0 and a bit.
Is that too light ? What would be the perfect average wing load for this canopy ?

The dollar is really low at the moment, for me that’s a good thing (as I live in the euro zone). I’ve been thinking of maybe buying a new one. Would I be disappointed by the xaos 21 ?
I like to swoop, but I don’t see myself doing any competition.
What do you think ?

Thanks

i would buy the used one, easier to pack and the gigs worked out.

Plus your jumping it allready.

I have two - a xaos 27-118 i load at 1.8 and the xaos 27-98 i load 2.03.

i have jumped at 2.35.

1.8 is min to load and 2.0 is realy great. the 2.0 flares better then my 1.8. The 2.35 was faster and had a great flare. but 2.0 is great i say min with 2.0.

Yes the xaos 21 is a great canopy but its not the 27 in performance. you would be disapointed. The 21's openings are the bomb like a crossfire super soft. The 27 openings are soft but weird, not as soft as the 21.

I roll my nose split tight 4 and 4, i pull my slider over the nose and i wrap the tail like 12 times.

you have to fly the opening but its not bad and never hard for me.

the 2.0 loaded canopy opens much better then the 1.8 loaded canopy.

I dont know if the 2.35 loaded will open better, sometimes they open better as you load them.

i am no pro swooper if i competed in the cpc i would be in last place.

i have about 500 jumps on the xaos27 i love them.

the VX, JVX, are faster but i dont think they open as nice, the velo is also faster but some open great and others are trouble.

the xaos27 is faster then the xaos21 and has a deeper flare and shutdown. you can load the 27 more then the 21, at least i think so.

but the xaos21 opens like a dream and its fast.

So i go with the 27, but i would demo the Velocity you may love it.

i would also demo a vx and jvx.

i hope that helps just my experience.

chris

I dont know if the 2.35 loaded will open better, sometimes they open better as you load them.

Not much experience on the Xaos 27, but 3 jumps on a -82 loaded at 2.3. Openings were kind of fast, but not to the point it may be a problem, and absolutly on heading, without a single degree of orientation from pitch to full flight.

Which was a big change from my velo 96...

That goes your way.

Fabien
BASE#944