freebirdtif

Line twist

Can a lightly loaded canopy cause or make line twist more of a problem. Maybe there is not enough force to pull down and It seems that a slow opening canopy has caused me twist also. I am 110 and on a 175. I'm waiting on gear. 150 Sabre 2. So I have to rent if I want to jump in the next month.
-

IMHO, most lines twists are caused by bad body position (like dipping a shoulder) or asymmetrical canopy openings (poor pack job). When I swoop I am under a small highly loaded canopy and when I BASE Jump I am under a lightly loaded canopy. Both canopies can spin up on me if I have bad body position or sloppy packing. BTW, you can be a sloppy packer, just make sure both sides of the canopy are packed equally sloppy so that it opens symmetrically. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Even if the canopy is opening without line twist immediately as I look up and has no line twist until after it opens. Like right away. It happens fast but I had a good opening with no twist when I looked up and as the slider came down it twisted? Still body position?
-

It *could* be the canopy. A large majority of linetwists are from body position. The other factor could be having your harness even. I did not say get your legstraps even, since legs are different sizes. Get your 3-rings even.

Beyond that, keep your hands off the risers, relax in the harness and look at the horizon.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Beyond that, keep your hands off the risers, relax in the harness and look at the horizon.

also try arching your legs when it is trying to twist up on you.

I have not had linetwists on my own gear for 100's of jumps but the tandem canopies i am jumping can spin up on inflation.

I use this technique and it seems to give more tention on the lines and therefore makes it less likley the lines will twist.

You simply bend your legs back as if you are making a hard arch. It feels similar to the force you use when bringing your arms in while spinning to make the spin faster.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Could it be the parachute? Old lines. Trim? It may be me.But I'm RW and pretty docile jumper,for a skydiver. I feel stable I will focus on it more next time.

yeah like others have said it is possible to be the parachute. Try and get someone at your DZ to jump it who doesn't have problems with line twists on there current canopy and see if it does it for them.