Squeak

Javelin J1

I have just had a Javelin J1 container with MR150 reserve sent to me for inspection, I will have a rigger look at it when next on the DZ. However is there anything I should be wary of or look out for?
It's DOM is Oct 93
Part # 101 B15
What does the B15 signify??:)Thanks
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

opefully your about 5'5" and LT 150 lbs for the rig to fit. B is yolk size, the width across your shoulders. A is the smallest and I've only seen a few of them. Most men no matter how short end up with a C. 15 is the length of the main lift web and doesn't relate directily to measurements on your body. most 5'10'" guys would end up with a 18, 6' 4" 19.5 or 20. 15 is pretty small. Hopefully you've tried it on with someone experienced checking to see that it fits.

The only thing I can think of that you might watch out for is soft cutaway housings. Most Javelins that had soft housings have had them changed to hard housing for easier assembly and cutaway pull. I don't see any APF service bulletins for the Javelin that would apply. There is a change to the main closing loop anchor but in theory your Javelin was manufactured after the affected dates. Check out the service bulletins at http://www.sunpath.com/ for a description and ask your rigger if yours is ok. Some Javelins have double thickness leg straps. I think yours might in that range. These double thickness legstraps tend to get wear along the sides of the surface from the friction adapters. Sunpath has had to repare some harnesses due to this damage. Have your rigger check for this wear. It fuzziness at the sides of the surface of the legstraps. Also have your rigger check the grommets. (He probably will on his own.) I had some Javelins that have had lossened or damaged gromment on the reserve container.

This sound like a lot of stuff but all rigs have some things like these going on. There have actually been relatively few problems with Javelins.

Blue Ones,

Terry
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

>A is the smallest and I've only seen a few of them.

Sunpath actually makes smaller then A. I believe they call it Y. One of the fourm posters here has it and its like a Y14.

If the factory does any work on your rig they will put the main closing loop mod on it for a small fee..
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

In the event it DOES have soft cut-away housings they can be replaced fairly cheap. My rigger ordered one for me I just gotta drop it off and have it done.

kwak
Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield. Sometimes your the hammer sometimes your the nail. Question is Hun, Do you wanna get hammered or do you wanna get nailed?????

Squeak

I have just had a Javelin J1 container with MR150 reserve sent to me for inspection, I will have a rigger look at it when next on the DZ. However is there anything I should be wary of or look out for?
It's DOM is Oct 93
Part # 101 B15
What does the B15 signify??:)Thanks

Hey Squeak check the attachments.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

You are correct, ASAP = As Short As Possible.

More than likely this rig was built for someone short, but stocky. Or someone short and stocky bought it used and we adjusted the main lift web for them. The C yoke provides for room in the chest, both front to back (think pectoral muscle through to your shoulder blade) and side to side. The ASAP provides a main lift web short enough to keep the rig from moving up and down, or having the chest strap too high under canopy.

If you ever have questions about our gear feel free to call us at 910 875 9002.

Thanks!

Chris