jambrich

Wing Loading, how high

How high of a wing loading can a Kat cxf2 or colbalt handle?
Now I'm not talking about experience levels or anything like that. I'm talking about the fabric it's self, lines ect
I know that these canopies very between them so maybe comparing them is wrong. Either way feedback is good.
705 252 3005

I dont have the answer for you and I don't think the manufacturers even have these numbers..

I know someone that flew his KA97 at 2.75 because thats where he liked that parachute the best.. it's not recommended, but it all goes back to personal preference.

I dont have the answer for you and I don't think the manufacturers even have these numbers..

I know someone that flew his KA97 at 2.75 because thats where he liked that parachute the best.. it's not recommended, but it all goes back to personal preference.

bingo;)
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

i like the mamba at between 2.1 to 2.3, i think they get great distance at those loadings. but nobody talks about the mamba much, i think people forget that it is a great canopy in the same class as the katana and the xfire2. i think they handle better at higher wingloadings leading to much better high performance flying. plus the thinner aspect of the wing means it has less drag at those higher speed and higher wingloadings. just my opinion though

The only bad skydive is your last!
chris "sonic wookie" harwell
Piedra-belluda-roja Rodriguez

highest wing loading live jumped on a comp cobalt has been 4.5

highest wing loading on comp cobalt used in our autonomous guided systems 22

max weight live jumped on a cobalt 350 tandem is 1200 pounds. max weight autonomously guided on a cobalt 350 is 2400 pounds...
Daniel Preston <><>
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)

How high of a wing loading can a Kat cxf2 or colbalt handle?
Now I'm not talking about experience levels or anything like that. I'm talking about the fabric it's self, lines ect
I know that these canopies very between them so maybe comparing them is wrong. Either way feedback is good.

I had a 97 sq ft. crossfire2 that I was loading around 1.9/1. I LOVED the way it flew. I heard from lots of folks that I was at the edge of the performance envelope for that canopy, but...even if I was, I loved it. That canopy was loud as hell too!

Cheers,
Travis

I have a Velo96 loaded @ 2.3 and a Velo 90 Loaded @ 2.45.
The 96 flies great with rear input and gets much more distance.
The 90 tends to come in faster but riser input is more tricky, needing to use a longer recovery arc.
You will just have to test out different canopy's for which one suits you.
Paul said the 90 would sink out faster but I just had to have it. leason learned.
I Am Sofa King We Todd Did!!

I have a Velo 120 that is loaded around 2.3 and I have a Velo 111 loaded near 2.6. I get more distance and more speed with the 111 then I do with the 120. I think that's a result of the size of the canopies, not just the wingloading. Both are fast, but holy god that 111 is stupid fast. :D

I jumped a 103, but that was just too much loading, although it was enjoyable.

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'm sure there is a formula out there for optimal wing loaded.
But the all tend to differ even with the same loading due to style of flight.
Thats what I'm testing now is to see which path,setup,riser input and harness input gives me what I'm looking for.
Thats whats great is it is a ever evolving sport
I Am Sofa King We Todd Did!!

Its evolving and with swooping its all you. If you vert the gates, YOU verted the gates. No thrown helmets, no bitch sessions at the mockup, no creeping, nothing but you. If you do well, then YOU did well. If you didn't then YOU didn't.:)
Right now I'm jumping that Velo 111, 25" risers and Scott's RDS. The downside is I still have Vectran lines, I need to send it off for HMA.

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."