skyshimas

removable slider?

Thank you for the pics. Interesting idea! But with 12(!) points of attachment (3 per ring) it's probably gonna take a while to hook it up correctly every time, even with practice... I still mess up my ParaConcepts RDS every once in a while, and that one only has 8 points :)

In my mind, MEL/Joe's style RDS is perfect as far as ease of hook up, but PC RDS is better for ring/slider stability. Both work well though and get the job done.

I have probably packed / re-attached the slider about 30 - 40 times now and at a guess would say it takes me about 30 secs per grommet.. once attached it is very quick and east to see if you have attached it incorrectly... but to start with it took me a lot longer...
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

You can make one pretty easily for about $60. I bought and extra standard size slider with my xaos with out grommets ($45). I just folded over the corners to make the 90's into 45's and punched a #1 grommet threw the middle of each corner for a total of 4 grommets. I ran the release lines similar to the deepseed slider. Then took 4 #8 grommets and ran a loop of dacron (spectra or what ever your favorite lines is) around the grommets leaving an inch loop out side for attaching to the slider. The system may seem crude but it is very effective as i put around 30 jumps on it from hop and pops to terminal and i actually had improved on heading openings with out steering it threw. Sorry no pictures yet.

It would be interesting to see other RS variations! If you got something different please post it here. Pic. is very helpful since I understand it better when I see smth oposed to reading about it 100's of times. I looked at deepseeds web and couldn't find anything only about suits and stuff.