JohnnyZ

CPC - ILLINOIS DISTRICT

Ellie and I didnt get the chance to come uP and watch the event! I had to work and she filled in some more on Her A card!

So like how did it go? Did the weather hold off enuf? Was a GREAT time had by all?

Where does one go besides the CPC and PST site to get uPdates of current scores and standings? The aforementioned sites have not been uPdated in some time it appears to me....

I have already marked down the next three Illinois events on my calender so as to give me more time to schedule some "timeout" for me and the kid...WooHoo!! Maybe even get there a day ahead and helpout somehow or way!!!

Heres a link for the results to Meet 1 at Skydive Chicago. Thanks to those that competed and especially those that helped judge the events.

http://www.skydivechicago.com/Forums/tabid/110/forumid/3/view/topic/postid/629/Default.aspx

We all just agreed to use 5 foot gates mostly because my ass didn't want to get back in that pond a bunch of times that day. The winds were tricky for parts of the meet, and a crappy spot during the first speed round hosed Troy, Mike and Henry.

We ended up having the same "top three" outcome as we did at the USPA Nationals Itermediate comp.

1st Place Karl Eakins
2nd Place John Zagoda
3rd Place Troy Church
4th Place Henry Wojdyla
5th Place Mike Macino

It would have been nice to have more competitors show up. I hope we can get another good group up at Sky Knights next month.

Thanks to Christa Cross for acting as cheif judge for the meet.

I have hopes of getting to some of the other meets this year. Was doing job interviews for office people for our dz saturday.

Congrats to Karl! :)

~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

We're up at East Troy on June 21st... Who else is coming? Troy can't compete because he hurt himself, but he's coming to help out. Macino got sucked into the tandem world and forgot how to swoop, so he's not going. Henry and I are definitely going to be there though.

We're up at East Troy on June 21st... Who else is coming? Troy can't compete because he hurt himself, but he's coming to help out. Macino got sucked into the tandem world and forgot how to swoop, so he's not going. Henry and I are definitely going to be there though.

I'll be competing. We also have another local who might give it a shot. Dan told me last night that he will be at this one. He already set up the carving course Sunday night. I still have ambitions to make it to the other meets, but they are on "Club Meeting" days for our dz and I am on the board of directors :S We'll see though!
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

After much deliberation between myself and Dan Raymond (not really), we came to an agreement on a NEW SCHEDULE:

Saturday, May 10th, at Skydive Chicago
Saturday, June 21st, at Sky Knights
Saturday, July 12th, at Chicagoland Skydiving Center
Saturday, August 9th, at Skydive Chicago

I hope that this works for everyone...

Does anybody have a problem with changing the date of the Hinkley meet from July 12th to July 19th?
Dan was going to be in charge of setting up for this one, but as most of us know he's moved out of state and I'm taking care of it.
I know Derrick wanted to make it this one but the date wasn't the best for him either... Anybody object? I'll give you guys till Monday night to speak up, otherwise I'll change the date.

After much deliberation between myself and Dan Raymond (not really), we came to an agreement on a NEW SCHEDULE:

Saturday, May 10th, at Skydive Chicago
Saturday, June 21st, at Sky Knights
Saturday, July 12th, at Chicagoland Skydiving Center
Saturday, August 9th, at Skydive Chicago

I hope that this works for everyone...

Does anybody have a problem with changing the date of the Hinkley meet from July 12th to July 19th?
Dan was going to be in charge of setting up for this one, but as most of us know he's moved out of state and I'm taking care of it.
I know Derrick wanted to make it this one but the date wasn't the best for him either... Anybody object? I'll give you guys till Monday night to speak up, otherwise I'll change the date.

Neither date is really good for me, but I think this coming weekend the 12th would be easier to do. This saturday I just have something after sunset that I have to be back at my DZ for, next saturday we have Amy Chmelecki in town organizing which I really don't want to miss :P

Just let us know whichever way it goes and I'll try and get there.
~D

Well, I called CSC earlier today and they're cool with rescheduling it to July 19th.
Sorry Karl, I really won't be able to get up there at a early enough time to set up the course and get things going at a decent time. If someone else wanted to set things up (I doubt that'll happen) I could be out there by 8:30 or so, but I already called CSC and told them about the change after seeing no responses before I left for work this morning.
Derrick and Karl, I hope that you guys can somehow make it. I hoped to not inconvenience anyone. Please pass this along to anyone else that should know and might not get here to see the schedule change.