CKSCUBA

Wow !! Swoop CPC at Lake Wales

wow what a great day got to meet Jay mo Ian shared words of wisdom and advice with me and my son. A huge honor to meet Jay and a great honor to speak with Ian and thanks Ian for sharing and speaking with us.

Keith Macbeth thanks I appreciate you so much. thanks for your help and your advice. Its an honor to know you. I don't think i have ever met anyone in the sport like Keith who can like do everything exceptional. Keith is one of those guys he is incredible flyer, swooper, photographer. I want to line up some payed coaching for my son some time soon.
But me I am old ( 40)
Maybe after 10 more hours in the tunnel, more coaching and a gallon of rogaine, I will be good at maybe one thing.

Great watching my first swoop competition and watching all the guys you read about swoop in person.

everyone was super cool you could walk up to anyone and they would chat with you and give you their view or answer questions.

I know my 18 year old son went around and spoke with everyone for him it was a rock concert. Lucky kid started jumping at 16.

The pros were incredible and the cpc guys well at times i couldn't tell who wasn't a pro. Everyone did so well.

I was so impressed with the technical flying and the speed but done so smoothly and safely.

Hopefully either this year or GOD willing next year Ill be able to participate in the CPC. I know my son will but Ill be in the lead for last place. ha ha.

Thanks again guys and girl for all your time and drinking beer and sharing your knowledge, what great bunch of people.

I have never seen a competition where highly skilled competitors were pulling for each other and cheering each other on and celebrating each other oh yeah giving away prizes like 25% off a Neptune, Keith is the man.

Its like the other team celebrating when their rivals got a touchdown.

What sportsman ship and what skill, if you have never watched a swoop competition your missing out. Watching the videos on youtube doesn't do it justice.

It was incredible and my son and I and a few friends from skydive Tampa and Lake wales learned a lot.

Thanks guys for an incredible day and being so damn good at what you do.

Again thank you Ian, your words of wisdom were instructing and inspiring. You truly breath it, love it and live it.

Like Jay-Mo you guys are huge ambassadors for our sport.

It was an honor to talk to you all, cheer for you, watch you and share a plane ride with you.

It was a Father and Son day I will never forget, our first swoop competition to watch. hopefully soon we will join in and participate as Father and Son. I know my skydive friends watching will also join in soon.

Be so cool to grow the sport and to be part of it.

Thanks to all of you!!!

Oh and holly crap are you guys so damn good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Roden
Skydive Tampa - on a Xaos-27

Erik Roden - on a Xaos-27
Skdive Tampa

I guess WOW pretty well sum's it up. That was a great kick off to the 2008 swooping season. We had 27 competitors, 15 Amateur, 12 Pro. We flew 18 practice loads on Friday once the cloud cover raised around Noon.
Special thanks to the staff at Lake Wales, our beautiful judges(and you too Mike), Keith for his hard work on the pond, Peter from Alti2 for coming out and supporting us, and all the other very important people who helped make this happen.

We finished up them meet around 5:30 and Betty bought us all pizza for the awards ceremony!!! I'll have the detail up on the website "soon" but here's the overall.
MEET 1 OVERALL SUMMARY
Rank Name Meet Score
1 *Brian McNenney* 563.26 $300
2 *Tom Dellibac* 519.38 $200
3 Pete Schwartz 516.41 $150
4 *Brian Buechler* 515.07 $100
5 Jairo Garcia 513.55 $50
6 *Keith Macbeth* 504.17 25% off neptume
7 Jim Romesburg 490.17
8 *Albert Berchtold* 479.21
9 *Stu Schoenfeld* 469.49
10 Derek Boxwell 462.14
11 Sergei Fedotov 436.52
12 *Craig Saucier* 386.83
13 Don Jaget 370.11
14 *Mike Shatalov* 367.74
15 *Tyler Lawson* 364.45
16 *Jens Thogersen* 340.25
17 Eric Miller 312.66
18 Joe Silva 305.87
19 *Ian Drennan* 300.82
20 Loud Dan McAllister 292.07
21 Ben Lowe 288.48
22 Greg Clidaras 267.56
23 Greg Rau 257.88
24 Big Steve Haseman 245.69
25 Josh Venning 152.53
26 *Andre Melan* 71.80
27 Pia McFarland 39.18

See you guys in Palatka!
Watch out for planters.

I guess WOW pretty well sum's it up. That was a great kick off to the 2008 swooping season. We had 27 competitors, 15 Amateur, 12 Pro. We flew 18 practice loads on Friday once the cloud cover raised around Noon.
Special thanks to the staff at Lake Wales, our beautiful judges(and you too Mike), Keith for his hard work on the pond, Peter from Alti2 for coming out and supporting us, and all the other very important people who helped make this happen.

We finished up them meet around 5:30 and Betty bought us all pizza for the awards ceremony!!! I'll have the detail up on the website "soon" but here's the overall.
MEET 1 OVERALL SUMMARY
Rank Name Meet Score
1 *Brian McNenney* 563.26 $300
2 *Tom Dellibac* 519.38 $200
3 Pete Schwartz 516.41 $150
4 *Brian Buechler* 515.07 $100
5 Jairo Garcia 513.55 $50
6 *Keith Macbeth* 504.17 25% off neptume
7 Jim Romesburg 490.17
8 *Albert Berchtold* 479.21
9 *Stu Schoenfeld* 469.49
10 Derek Boxwell 462.14
11 Sergei Fedotov 436.52
12 *Craig Saucier* 386.83
13 Don Jaget 370.11
14 *Mike Shatalov* 367.74
15 *Tyler Lawson* 364.45
16 *Jens Thogersen* 340.25
17 Eric Miller 312.66
18 Joe Silva 305.87
19 *Ian Drennan* 300.82
20 Loud Dan McAllister 292.07
21 Ben Lowe 288.48
22 Greg Clidaras 267.56
23 Greg Rau 257.88
24 Big Steve Haseman 245.69
25 Josh Venning 152.53
26 *Andre Melan* 71.80
27 Pia McFarland 39.18

See you guys in Palatka!

damn, nice turnout....

the southeast looks like it will win, once again,....

god I miss that shit.....

congrats sergei on a nice finish

also if anyone has put together pictures I am working with Al to put together a better website for the league

email them to me at dave(at)skyjunky(dot)com

Thanks

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

Indeed.

It was a GREAT weekend, i have been looking forward to the beginning of this season since the Finals in CO. Plus I got to see some sun and warm weather - it was 11 degrees in NY this morning, BTW.

I was happy that Sergei and Pia came out and participated in their first IPC style event (beer!). Much respect to both, Pia - for sticking with it while being cold wet and miserable, Serega for taking 5th place in the CPC rankings on his very first try and 11th overall in the field of 27 competitors. Very nice!

Thanks to Al for organizing and taking charge of the CPC this year, he filled Chris Hayes' (Chris who? :P) shoes well. Thanks to all the judges too.

I guess http://www.adventureonline.tv/ was doing some filming there so expect a little video on their website shortly.

Cant wait until Palatka.

Thanks to everyone who gave me such a warm welcome... hopefully I will break the 50 pt mark in Palatka. [:/] Cannot express gratitude enough to all who made their way to speak with me and took such good care of my mindset and keeping me grounded when my head was reeling. First comps are tough ! Special shout out to Loud Dan for saving me when I had an alti crisis. You are as big in spirit as you are in size .... Big big special thanks also to Shatalov for getting me there. It would not have happened for me without his positive attitude and enthusiasm for all things CPC.

my friend blane is a true professional photographer he took a bunch of shots.
he is a amateur swooper not ready for prime time players like myself and from skydive tampa

I took some photos with my new cannon xti but i suck at it but ill email anything i have. my camera does better when its stuck on my helmet by itself then when its in my hands. but its a xti so even i cant screw it up to bad.

his email is [email protected]

i am not sure what he has but email him tell him you were in the competition.

One other thing I fly the xaos its my first crossbraced and i am not that experienced so the xaos 27 is great for me. i have flown the Velo and wow is that thing something.

i was amazed at how many people fly velo's i see why.
i not rating canopies i just didnt know the ratio of velocity pilots out there. i thought i see more jvx's per say since its new. i saw a couple xaos's and i am not sure if i saw a vx or not.

so i didnt see a great variety of canopies like i thought i would what i did see was a veriety of people.

You can stereo type swoopers you look at jay-mo.

I am like he is perfect size and weight for a swooper.

So i thought i see a lot of aerodynamicaly shaved hair on the sides and long in the back like jay mo, obviously for less drag right.

I saw rocker, tatoos, jocks hippie clean cut. the swooper who was running it did a great job and he looking like an accountant.
Some of the guys are short and weigh like 130lbs and were hauling butt and landing hard and flying 10ft tall. then there were a few really big guys there loading out and flying hard and sticking landings.

i was like man these guys are all great athletes. There were really young there and older guys in the 40's like me. I thought it was only a young mans game also.

I mean to be funny about the different people swooping but when i showed some people my photos and videos they were like, wow that guy is a big guy like me i can do that.

it just made the swooping thing more real but also inspiring.

I was so impressed with everyone ability and that everyone was so different.

also impressed that so many flew velos.

I learned a lot that day. From different setups, turns, loading techniques, people and results.

Chris
Chris

my friend blane is a true professional photographer he took a bunch of shots.

I took some photos with my new cannon xti

Post what you have, wont you? And may be ask your friend to post his shots as well.

the swooper who was running it did a great job and he looking like an accountant.

This guy on the right?: http://pdblog.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/12/18/071218_al_chris.jpg
:ph34r::D
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

Thanks for your kind words Chris. It was nice to meet your son. I think its cool you two jump together and he's swoopin as well! Was cool you guys came out to the comp, you should try to make it out to the rest of them, you can really pick up loads of tips.
It was super sweet to see you all on the pond! The turnout was excellent! Thank you all for supporting Lake Wales! Hope to see you all soon! Blue skies

Thats actually funnier than you think. I am an accountant.

Another note. I called around a bit to the pro pilots who attended Lake Wales. Based on those discussions and that this years southeast meets are likely to be some of the largest in the US, this year were going to open up the FLCPA membership to Pro's as well as Amateurs. For those interested, I'll track scores and compile pro standings over the season so we can see who is in the lead overall. We'll keep it the same way as the Amateur was in prior years, best 4 meets will count, If you attend all 5 meets, the lowest score will be dropped.

This should be fun........
Watch out for planters.

Great to see everyone in Lake Wales and look forward to seeing everyone at all the meets. You will quickly see how this becomes one big extended family - watch!

So since I was only a baby skydiver in the early days of the original FLCPA, and hadn't even thought about swooping....how does "opening up" the FLCPA coincide with being part of the SE CPC and attending the Colorado CPC Championships? Are you going to be a pal and show the cash breakdown like the infamous Mr. Hayes did last year for those of us who are NOT accountants? I knew I should have asked more questions when you opened the day Saturday morning wit "Welcome to the First meet of the FLCPA"...I knew it ;)

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

I'll share the breakdown of fund at the end of the season like Chris has done in the past. What does "opening it up" mean? Pro's obviously wouldn't be looking at going to the amateur championships in Colorado. But from chatting with many, they seem very interested in participating in the South east meets, and having their scores compiled and competing here in FL and Georgia. This league/district has grown through the efforts and desires of many. It seems that there is a demand for PRO level meets and this league has become what it is today by small changes to meet the needs and desires of its members. So in short, people want to swoop, and florida's where they seem to come to do it......

I want to chat with everyone at the next meet and get some feedback on what you'd like to see in the coming years. I've got some ideas to toss out out as well. That way the league is what everyone wants, not what 1 person "thinks" everyone wants.
Watch out for planters.

its more than that mike especially since I am not making a one page site mister...

I should have it up this week barring any issues.

Dave

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

I have themn on my desktop at home in excel format I will be posting them online this week for al.

Coming up with a system for that as well so it wont just be a jpg