goneswoopen

South Africa to host 2008 CP Championships!

FAI has givin us word that we will be host the 2008 canopy piloting world championship. The event will take palce in November at Pretoria Skydive Club ,Wonderboom Airport in the north of Pretoria. The field elevation is around 4100' so should be a record crushing meet.
Where looking forward to seeing you all in SA
Rob
All wings are safe - until their given to pilots

Not sure how the selection process will go with this years Nationals (USA) being at the end of August. I was actually going to be in SA in December, but if this is going on, and a I qualify, then I'll bump the trip up a few weeks to make this.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

FYI, There is a petition to the USPA in place set a minimum time between the selection meet and the world level competition. Not sure if this will effect this selection process or not but it is directly related to this issue. I'm sure more info on this will be available soon.
Fly-Free...

Yeah that's what I had heard too Jay. I can't lie and say that, selfishly, I hope it doesn't change this year.

I have a selfish side that grees with you as well Ian. Because I would love to go compete as well, but I agree with the ideals of the plans for the minimum 100%. and the top 8 from last year are pretty damn strong.

Al

Watch out for planters.

Howsit Rob

Thats great news.

I hope the gate will be open at the fence if distance goes that way!!!

It is a beautiful Dropzone and any one who can go even to just spectate should do so. camping available on site with bunks and bar. awesome awesome place. i lost several days to this dropzone!!

Yeah that's what I had heard too Jay. I can't lie and say that, selfishly, I hope it doesn't change this year.

What is this proposed ruling and what does it mean to this years Nationals and competitors?
I am appearently unaware...... (I know I am asking for a comment/quote on that statement)

Hi Paul,
We will be running the course from west to east ie no fence to deal with. There are also some alterations that will be made. Hope to see all here for a good time.
“It takes ten years to get ten years’ experience” Eric "tonto" Stephenson D515 PASA

What is this proposed ruling and what does it mean to this years Nationals and competitors?
I am appearently unaware...... (I know I am asking for a comment/quote on that statement)

It's basically asking the USPA to have a definitive time lapse between a selection event (ie US Nationals) and the world event. right now if there is a US nationals right before the world event then that is a selection event. this means there are possibilities that competitors who qualify will not be able to go because they can't get organized in time. this is what happened to a few people this past year, even those on the US team that went to the world cup had to put in an extension request so they wouldn't be charged a late fee on registration because US nationals was only 6 weeks before the world cup. there are many more reasons to do this, all of which are listed in a written article that will be presented to the USPA at the BOD meeting this Feb. 8-9.

i don't know what this years US Nationals will mean, but we all should know in about a week i'm guessing.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down