goneswoopen

South Africa to host 2008 CP Championships!

this means there are possibilities that competitors who qualify will not be able to go because they can't get organized in time.

Yep - which is exactly why I didn't go to Nats in 2007. Even if I'd qualified I wouldn't have been able to afford such a short notice ticket to Austrialia - or organize the time off.

I hope it changes...just not this year :)
Performance Designs Factory Team

Thanks Selwyn.
Are there any issues with internationals coming and competing at your nationals? Any qualifying requirements? I notice you use the FAI rules.
Why June? 5-19 degrees sounds a bit cold.

I found some photos of the Pretoria pond on their website:
http://www.iloveskydiving.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=50

Hey Micheal,
We have all our rain in the summer and June is crisp clean fast air. Your more than welcome to come and compete at nationals , There are no rules that say you cant. The pond will be ready
pm me if your thinking of coming.
Choa
Rob
All wings are safe - until their given to pilots

Venue : Pretoria Skydiving Club
Date : 2008-06-14 08:00:00 To 2008-06-17. www.para.co.za. Hope some guys can join us.

Dates: Friday the 13th June is the first day and Monday the 16th weatherday.
“It takes ten years to get ten years’ experience” Eric "tonto" Stephenson D515 PASA

Is it possible that there is a mistake on the website?
The site is saying about zone accuracy that it´s going to be 19m from the last watergate to the shoreline and 5m from the shoreline to the start of zone 1.
As far as I know the distance from the last watergate to the shoreline is since 2008 specified in the rules and has to be 8m, not more, not less (that was different in the past).
The distance from the shoreline to the start of zone 1 would be ok being 5m because the rules say now that it has to be between 5m and 11m (the only variable left in the rules now).
Please let me know if I´m wrong or if the website is wrong...

Hi all,
We had our nationals over the weekend and had way to much fun. We were fortunate enough to be in the presence of some greatness in the form of Ian Bobo and Michael Vaughan for the week. Michael also competed at the event and it was great to see him in action with his huge turns. We had a safe tournament with no major injuries. The pond looks and swoops great. I will try to get some photo's to post asap. We will post the official results when these are available.
Safe swoops
“It takes ten years to get ten years’ experience” Eric "tonto" Stephenson D515 PASA

I'm over from Oz workin in Zambia at the moment and completely forgot it was on.
I would've come down and done some photography. :(

Hurry up and post the photos. :P

Unfortunately I'll be back in Oz by the time the world comp is on.

Nice one.

Would love to go for a jump in SA before I head home but the places I've emailed either don't have hire gear, or don't have a plane. [:/]
(Looks like more interesting scenery than the farmland at home.)

Who's in charge of organising the comp?
If there was enough competitors to chip in the equivalent of a jump ticket it might subsidise a flight back here and they could all have copies of the original pic's....? ;)
Cheap photo's for them, cheap flight for me.B|
(Would just haveta get the leave from work.)

http://www.sunburntphotography.com/phpAlbum/main.php?cmd=album&var1=Events%2FAus+Canopy+Nationals+2008%2FA+Sample/