homer

GL at US ski resorts

I know this topic has been discussed in the past but after looking at the GL pics of SPIRE at Tahoe it made me think. Was this a Blade Running event or just some fun canopy time? In one pic I see skiers. I didn't think it was allowed at ski resorts in the US unless it was a sanctioned BR event. Every resort I've been to here in WA has said no, as all para activities are not in their contract with the Forest Service. Plus, it’s too much of a liability if I hit a skier.

So what resorts do allow it in the winter time with other skiers on the mountain? I can always just do it and never ask permission but I want to keep my gear and not risk going to jail.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

I got tossed et Baker, the patrol was actually pretty cool after they were done wih their cop routine. The thing that struck me as funny was that they weren't worried about my hitting a skier, they were concerned that I could damage the chairlift.:o

I've heard about a few guys getting the OK at a Washington area but I don't have details and won't give names. It might be worth exploring if you have connections in the Seattle area.

Sometimes you eat the bear..............