NewClearSports

Where to Swoop in January?

I'm a Canadian looking for a good Southern DZ that will allow Swooping and possibly have a Canopy Course or Swoop Coaching Avalible during January.

Any Recomendations?

Thanks

P.S. I was planning to goto Canadian Invasion at Eloy because I have alot of friends there, but because of there ban on Swooping I thought I should look at other options.

Contact Chris Hayes or check out http://cpafl.org/. He organizes the FL CPC comps. I dont think the schedule has been developed yet, it's still too early. But it usually starts in Feb. I am from NY and attended all 5 regional comps this year. It was worth the money and time, trust me. You'll meet some new folks, participate in a well run event, learn a lot and have a great time. Chris is a great pilot and a coach, you can pick his brain. Most of Fastrax team shows up, Jay Mo was there for one of the events as a coach...

If you want to swoop water then go to the southern hemisphere. Pond swooping is way to cold for Jan. anywhere in the U.S., plus really nice grass is better, always! As for Eloy....There is only a ban for swooping in 2 of the 3 landing areas in Eloy. There is a tunnel landing area which I have been using most of the time, except when I am on Back 2 back loads. The dz ground manager usually keeps track of those landing out at the tunnel and 80% of the time they come to pick us up in the van. The few times we walk back is no big deal because it's really not a far walk ( lazy bitches!!) After landing out at the tunnel I started to enjoy going out there more because there is little to no traffic. And since the ban the traffic issues in the main landing areas are worse in my opinion. I watch it all the time. The tunnel landing area is also very nice grass. Perfect freestyle training ground and also we can throw up gates and courses.. .But I rather just throw down the freestyle because it is way more fun!!! Except for when a military group is out there I land there all the time now. In january I am hosting 2 camps a beginer camp and an intermediate camp.

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for that post. Just last night I decided to goto Eloy anyway, because most of my friends are going there and sharing Hotel, Car Rental and all that just makes sence.

Well please let me know the dates for your Camps. Are you also avaliable for 1 on 1 coaching if I can't make the Camps ?

Blue Skies,

Mike.

[email protected]

If you want to swoop water then go to the southern hemisphere. Pond swooping is way to cold for Jan. anywhere in the U.S., plus really nice grass is better, always! As for Eloy....There is only a ban for swooping in 2 of the 3 landing areas in Eloy. There is a tunnel landing area which I have been using most of the time, except when I am on Back 2 back loads. The dz ground manager usually keeps track of those landing out at the tunnel and 80% of the time they come to pick us up in the van. The few times we walk back is no big deal because it's really not a far walk ( lazy bitches!!) After landing out at the tunnel I started to enjoy going out there more because there is little to no traffic. And since the ban the traffic issues in the main landing areas are worse in my opinion. I watch it all the time. The tunnel landing area is also very nice grass. Perfect freestyle training ground and also we can throw up gates and courses.. .But I rather just throw down the freestyle because it is way more fun!!! Except for when a military group is out there I land there all the time now. In january I am hosting 2 camps a beginer camp and an intermediate camp.

hmm any dates for these camps yet? gonna be in eloy in january and wouldn't mind hitting one of these up