sysop

AEROS Ballistic 115 in USA!

SpeedFlying is very young kind of sport. It has only 3 years old. Although many people say that the start from the slope is "reinvent the wheel", but we know indeed, that this is not invention, but evolution inside of two kinds of sport: paragliding and skydiving sport. The main point of this sport is to glide on the wing along the slope, passing trough the air gates that have height only 1.5 meters on the speed 100 km/h on the relief with the different angle of the slope. On this kind of sport we have our own downhill, slalom, cross-country and freeride. In this moment this sport is contained about two hundred sportsmen and students. Manufacturers are already about ten. Speedflying has another raisin - you can fly the whole of the year. On summer the pilots can fly, pushing away from foot. On winter pilots flies with skis, snowboards and ski-boards.

During two years AEROS company has kept a close watch on the tendency of development this new kind of sport. Today we are ready to propose you a special wing for this new and rapid upcoming sport and the kind of active rest.

AEROS Ballistic - More info about wing and order here: http://ballistic.speedflying.ru

--------

Ballistic 115 already in California. It will accessible for test-drive at 20-21 October in Lake Isabella, during GL/SpeedFlying summit. Ask Alex Dvoryn!

Is this the same Aeros from the Ukraine that's being making hang gliders for years?

Yep! It's paragliding department of AEROS company.

Min wingload 1.4 we set for normal collapse resistant, but i'm flying with 1.1 in good aerology conditions sometime.
1.6 - safe wingload for easy launch in calm weather.
I work with 1.8-2.0 wingload usualy for bladerunning.

I attach noise photo. 85 ft.

I'd imagine that the x-brace design would make it heavier to get off the ground.

http://www.dropzone.com/videos/Swooping/index.html

Here 3 my last movie with Ballistic's and other skydiving canopies. You can see how it inflate and work for launch.

BTW: We launched 97 and 145 ft. Ballistic from 3300m ASL with 5-7 mph wind - very easy!

Is this the same Aeros from the Ukraine that's being making hang gliders for years?

Those guys made some good stuff.

Rich,

I've got a 105 version of the Ballistic and it's seriously good fun - I'll bring it up to Hib next time I'm in the area if you fancy a look?

I'm just curious.......

Do you work for the company? It appears so when you say that "WE are ready to propose you a special wing for this new and rapid upcoming sport and the kind of active rest"

Your post looks a lot like advertising for the products. I thought advertising products was forbidden in the forums and I have seen moderators jump in quickly because of that. I'm really surprised they're letting you do it. hmmmm..

I've done a little speed flying myself and the minimal air intake on the nose looks like it would make it pretty difficult to kite up in low winds.

just my observations, where are you moderators, I've been jumped on way too many times, not fair!

I've done a little speed flying myself and the minimal air intake on the nose looks like it would make it pretty difficult to kite up in low winds.

You need to try it in calm. You will be pleased! :ph34r:
www.speedflying.ru
Mountian Fly School

The post, while close to advertising, isn't breaking any rules (yet) IMO. I don't know if the OP works for the manufacturer, but providing product awareness isn't something I frown on. I'd offer the same respect to PD, Daedalus, Icarus or any other manufacturer who doesn't try and turn this into their personal pimping ground.

Now, if it becomes excessive, or if the poster blatently tries to make this a sales post, I'll delete it promptly.

In the meantime I have deleted some of the more obvious 'pimping' ;)

Blues,
Ian

Performance Designs Factory Team

SpeedFlying is very young kind of sport. It has only 3 years old. Although many people say that the start from the slope is "reinvent the wheel", but we know indeed, that this is not invention, but evolution inside of two kinds of sport: paragliding and skydiving sport. The main point of this sport is to glide on the wing along the slope, passing trough the air gates that have height only 1.5 meters on the speed 100 km/h on the relief with the different angle of the slope. On this kind of sport we have our own downhill, slalom, cross-country and freeride. In this moment this sport is contained about two hundred sportsmen and students. Manufacturers are already about ten. Speedflying has another raisin - you can fly the whole of the year. On summer the pilots can fly, pushing away from foot. On winter pilots flies with skis, snowboards and ski-boards.

During two years AEROS company has kept a close watch on the tendency of development this new kind of sport. Today we are ready to propose you a special wing for this new and rapid upcoming sport and the kind of active rest.

AEROS Ballistic - More info about wing and order here: http://ballistic.speedflying.ru

--------

Ballistic 115 already in California. It will accessible for test-drive at 20-21 October in Lake Isabella, during GL/SpeedFlying summit. Ask Alex Dvoryn!

what is different between the AEROS Ballistic, and the Daedalus JVX?

the profile and span are different?
do you mean the chord and span? or just the profile and span?

what exactly, are the differences?
I understand that different materials and lines were used.

I guess my question is better stated as this.

Is it a COPY of the Daedalus JVX? or did you use the JVX as a guideline, and made some changes? OR, was the JVX not used at all to come up with this design?

I know your english is not the best, so no worries!;)

Hi Marks!

We use JVX and VX basic geometry as guideline for chord and span, but use our design to aspect ratio.

We also set profile when we get guideline between GLX and Velo.

It's very similiar to JVX, but only by photos.

You can look "how this wing inflate in calm conditions" with semi-close nose: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOwfCfscg1w

We use one of the best paragliding matherial for surface: Pocher Sport, and paragliding lines - Technora 1.5mm. I have few wings wich i use during year - it's still in very good conditions.
www.speedflying.ru
Mountian Fly School

Hi Marks!

We use JVX and VX basic geometry as guideline for chord and span, but use our design to aspect ratio.

It's very similiar to JVX, but only by photos.

You can look "how this wing inflate in calm conditions" with semi-close nose: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOwfCfscg1w

We use one of the best paragliding matherial for surface: Pocher Sport, and paragliding lines - Technora 1.5mm. I have few wings wich i use during year - it's still in very good conditions.

it is my understanding, that chord and span = aspect ratio.
so what do you mean by "but use our design to aspect ratio."?

is the profile thinner or thicker than the JVX?

that is quick inflation, I made your link a clicky;)

one other question, what is some of the things that were changed to make this wing a groundlaunch wing?

thanks

it is my understanding, that chord and span = aspect ratio.
so what do you mean by "but use our design to aspect ratio."?

it's some more wide wing than GLX, our aspect ratio is 2.81

is the profile thinner or thicker than the JVX?

2.5% thinner than JVX profile and more acute.

one other question, what is some of the things that were changed to make this wing a groundlaunch wing?

Ballistic has rigidity on nervures near nose as paraglide.
They provide an opportunity to inflate the wing without sticking the nose.
It's a matherial of Porcher Marine and usualy use for hanggliding surface.
www.speedflying.ru
Mountian Fly School