pressuremedia

JVX - loose lines on opening??

You seem to have the exact problem that I had previously with my JVX90!!

I lasted about 5 chops (tension knots)before getting pissed off. I made the change from vectran lines (tension knots and loose lines) to the blue HMA lines and have since (2-300 jumps) had NO issues. Can not give any explanations just that I do not get any loose lines with HMA on opening.

MEL, I hope this will not be the case with technora as I am wanting a reline. I have sent you an email.

Jim

I was going to try a larger size if they offer it. Cant afford relining that frequently. If that sounds like it will create more problems, then I may be forced to change canopies...

Sounds like the may be size specific, since they cant test all sizes and configurations. I wonder if a slightly different size would eliminate or reduce this.

I made the change from vectran lines (tension knots and loose lines) to the blue HMA lines and have since (2-300 jumps) had NO issues. Can not give any explanations just that I do not get any loose lines with HMA on opening.

MEL, I hope this will not be the case with technora as I am wanting a reline.

??? I was under the impression that Blue HMA 'is' Technora?

Correct me if I am wrong?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

??? I was under the impression that Blue HMA 'is' Technora?

Correct me if I am wrong?

Tehcnora is just a brand name for the type of fiber the lines are made of, which is Aramid. More precisely - High-Molecular Aramid or HMA. Color has nothing to do with it.

definetly not in my experience (and also mmm_peanuts). like I said, the change FROM vectran to HMA stopped all of my tension knot problems. When I spoke to Jim Slaton he didn't really have any answers/explanations other than he commented that hardly any people have vectran lines on their JVX's. Not sure as to the truth of this.

Are the losse lines visible with naked eye during opening or do you have to freeze frame the video in order to see one???

And yes the colors are just coating on top of regular hma they actually rub off as time goes by.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Here is a video of two openings which shows exactly what is going on. I do a standard pro pack with the slider positioned just like a comp velocity with snaps (mine has no snaps).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdY9VgICEUs

Yes this line set was made by nzaerosports, and they have agreed to help me get an HMA lineset to replace this one.

Here is a video of two openings which shows exactly what is going on. I do a standard pro pack with the slider positioned just like a comp velocity with snaps (mine has no snaps).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdY9VgICEUs

Yes this line set was made by nzaerosports, and they have agreed to help me get an HMA lineset to replace this one.