fff3

How are you stowing your HMA lines(size and type of bands)

whatever the fuck the packers have. I started out with "you can't break them" superbands, but those are 500 jumps down the road. I have never noticed an opening difference in the past seven years since I have been jumping sub-100 mains no matter what shit I have on my D bag. Odd, but totally true. The only thing that has mattered is whether or not I could stow them "just right". Not too loose and not too tight. All four of my rigs currently have a mix of rubber bands, tube stoes, and super bands.

Chuck

Yeah Chuck I found the same thing.
People say you shouldn't mix and match rubber bands with tube stows etc. I ran out of tube stows at work a couple of times and ended up with rubberbands tubies and sili-bands all on the same bag with a JVX 80 and it always opened great.
As long as the lines are all stowed at an even length with even tension I don't think it matters.

Ricky :)

Thanks Kim, and everyone else. I was using tube stows and big bands (single stowed) for the closers with my vectrans for about 1200 jumps with good results. I then switched to HMA lines (30 jumps) and was using large bands double stowed all around with progressively worse results and my first function in 2000 jumps. Thanks again, J

i double stow a small rubber band on the first locking stow, then put the second stow in the pocket, then a single stow w/ large rubber band on the other locking grommet, then it's a mixture of large, small, and broken rubber bands, tube stows, and free stows in the pocket, until i get to the slinks where i triple stow a small rubber band so i have no excess line anywhere. put it in the container and you're good to go. grant adams showed me that technique after he showed me how to get out of an otter with the door not all the way up.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

I am using regular rubber bands for the locking stows, and have been using small rubber bands cut in half lengthwise, similar to what you would use on a tailgate on a BASE canopy, for the rest.

The HMA lines are so soft and limp that the little rubber bands last for a long time - I just replaced my first one after some 250 jumps.

Large on the locking stows. Small everywhere else.

I don't like double-stowing. Partially 'cause it's a fucking pain in the arse. Actually, mainly because it's a fucking pain and I hate rubber bands with a passion. So, if I need to shorten the band, I do the double-stow on the d-bag.

Advantages: you only ever need to do the double-stow once, and there's less chance of doing something stupid with the lines as you stow 'em. Even better, a lazy packer can't cause problems by single-stowing.

The most important thing I can suggest with the 300lb HMA is get your slider immediately! Collapse it, remove it, whatever. Just dont let it flap around for a long time. You will get a lot more jumps out of a lineset if you do this.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!