mutron

looking for video of rear riser stalls helicopter

thanks for the tips... sounds like I need to get my hands on a copy of Keen and able......
ps DougH the helicopter is basically a rear riser stall however you once the canopy reaches the stall point you let up slightly on one riser which allows one side of the wing to inflate slightly -spinning you around... please take this definition with a grain of salt ... maybe one of veterans could give more of a technical definition...I will say this, I am having a hell of a good time pitching at altitude and experimenting, any other tips or tricks a rookie could ad to the tool bag would be much appreciated

I don't have any helicopter spins yet. (I currently don't own a canopy I feel comfortable doing them on.) But here's a couple of stalls I shot a year ago or so.

Just click on the picture for the video:

http://pulsevisuals.com/video/details/stallram-air.html
"Any language where the unassuming word fly signifies an annoying insect, a means of travel, and a critical part of a gentleman's apparel is clearly asking to be mangled."

If I can get someone to video them I will post a video of it. TJ does have it down pretty good, I saw them on the Keen and Able video and he passed on the wisdom of how to do them to everyone when he visited my home DZ. They are a shit load of fun and I usually crank out a few on every jump.

Just yesterday (30th Sep) Peter did a helicopter on his velocity 90 loaded at around 2 to 1.
It was amazing to watch as the canopy started to spin more or less on the spot. He was making about 3 spins a second. :o

Martin has some video footage of it. He posts on here as Springbock.

Peter said he was not in a hurry to repeat the jump:S

Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

Helli looks like this http://www.justacro.com/video/justACRO_Tricks_videos/justacro-helicopter.mpg but these are high aspect ratio acro wings. Dunno if and how these acro and siv manoeuvres scale to our low aspect ratio. Besides just by looking at them my blood boils. After I've seen a SIV for the 1st time, the following night I had a dream that my wing was out of control and no mater what I did I couldn't fix it.

Another nice movie http://www.justacro.com/index.php?m=21&dl=112

Happy landings,
Jean-Arthur Deda.
Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

So what are the chances of this leading to my new canopy being chopped and never found? :P

I think my fear of spending a day bush wacking through brambles and thickets in the woods is overpowering my natural desire to do stupid shit lol.

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Here is the Video of the Helicopter stall Dave was referring to. Sorry for the bad quality :-) but it was hard to get close with my Stiletto135 to the velo90.
Maby someone can make it clicky for me?

Martin

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=6471

Take care up there!

Here is the Video of the Helicopter stall Dave was referring to. Sorry for the bad quality :-) but it was hard to get close with my Stiletto135 to the velo90.

Clicky: http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=6471

Wow.. looks like a pretty radical maneuver. Just wondering - no linetwists after that one? It's not clear from the quality of the movie if a person under the canopy is keeping up with the turning canopy.

Why not? Its super fun.

What I do is take my hands out of the toggles (just in case I spin up the canopy), do the rear stall while getting real wide in the harness. Then I add a little more to one side and lean to the other side of the harness gently.

When I let up, I take both arms and push out WIDE and HARD on both the front and rear risers while getting really wide with my legs in the harness.

You'll get some over turn and the canopy will dive while recovering, but you're laughing so hard it doesn't matter.:D

What does it teach you about canopy flight? Nothing really. It is fun, though. It also makes cool video.

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."