morris

Velo96 at 2.49 versus Velo90 at 2.655

Hi again,

a while ago I asked here for opinions about Velo96 at 2.4 versus Velo 90 at 2.55 and the majority of opinions recommended the 96 for anything except strong headwinds.
(We´re talking here about distance.)
Now I´ve been on a scale again and realised I gained almost 10 pounds. Therefore it´s now 96 at 2.49 vers 90 at 2.65.
I did some jumps with the 90 (those were with cameras at 2.68) and the same linetype as my 96 (HMA300).
Those landings where a lot of fun (liked the speed) but I´m now even more sure than before that the 96 is the right choice.
The combination of the not too small wing with the loading of almost exactly 2.5 seems to me to be kind of perfect.
Thoughts on that?
Thanks,
Morris

Morris i jump a Velo 90, the drama i have is that i only weigh 160lbs all up. so i have to wear 35-40lb of lead to get any thing out of it. i have just ordered a Velo 75 knowing that it will hurt my distance but at least i can get rid of the 2 weight belts and not have to panick about bottom feeding in the pond. for me to get up to 2.68 on the 90 i would have to put on 120lb of lead. oh well the 75 with lead it is.
mark tether

Hi, good to hear from you!
I couldn´t compete in Berlin because I HAD to work on Friday.
Klatovy and Bussloo haven´t been possible because I had trainingdates with my team and I didn´t like the idea to cancel the teamagreements I already made (long before).
At least I´m not gonna miss the WorldCup in Sydney :-) !
Due to the WorldCup it might take a while before I can show up in Lillo again because late October/early November would have been Lillo for sure...
Take care,
Morris

I agree with you all on the 2.2 been a good wing loading, but as morris said i agree you should train as you expect to compete. ive been observing and training over the last 2 seasons, and i hope if im ready to start competing next summer. once the 75 turns up i will initially stick with 2.2 then slowly build the wing loading up.

Stay safe
mark tether

I´ll be using the bigger wing, just wanted to make sure everybody agrees with that decision.
During the last years my distances went up and up with the higher and higher loading.
(Of course my better skills are responsible as well, so it´s difficult to tell what´s really causing it.)
While the distance on the very highly loaded 90 was less, the 96 seems not to be overloaded with 2.5 and I´m definitly going further than at 2.2-2.3...