fedykin

Eloy Christmas

Far be it from me to be critical of knee jerk reactions based around saving revenue from military contracts but... it might be a better idea to manage the situation instead of outright banning swooping, or even worse, encouraging people to do dangerous approaches.

what about having a swoop landing area, and another for non swoopers, that way everyones happy. put the swoopers in the secondary landing area...?

How is it that we manage to bring this debate into every forum? :S

You can swoop all you want in the desert. And there's plenty of desert.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

it would depend on your set up in terms of the main and alt sharing a corner, however it would solve a number of issues and make things alot safer if landing styles were divided ie... straight in vs swooping. even if both shared a corner it would be safer than 180 madness

It's the Christmas boogie and I hope they enforce a 90 degree rule this year.

Huh. I was nearly killed by a local doing a 90 deg turn on final last time I was there. I had to panic flare and he still nearly took my canopy out at about 200ft.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

can't say how disapointed i am about that. my team and i have done the christmas boogie for maybe 5 years. when i told them that the 180 thing is still in place, no one wants to go, they're that pissed it doesnt look like we'll back any time soon unless things change. its not just the 180, its the thinking behind it, the way the DZ has changed, not the same really. i for one really hope they get their act together and start listening to customers. really is a shame, i really love the place.

I have had a blast out there in the past sometimes what I do is for sunset I get out last track for about 10-15 seconds and land last

which means I can do whatever turn I want

and last time I was there a 180 on a crossfire2 129 from 500 ft was clearing a lot of the landing area

I might it depends on certain cut away life choices I might have to make...

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

its not just the 180, its the thinking behind it, the way the DZ has changed, not the same really. i for one really hope they get their act together and start listening to customers. really is a shame, i really love the place.

QFT....

one can only hope the truth reaches those who can change it...

I´m not coming to Eloy anymore, without highspeed approaches the trip from Europe just isn´t worth the money. But I can imagine that Larry can afford not having me there. It´s only something ranging from 500 to 1250 slots each time my team came by...

even with the 4 dollar team discount thats a shitload of money

lets just say your slots were 18 dollars thats 18000 dollars in the midrange for your team

jeez larry so who you giving your money to now?

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

If you don't plan on attending the Christmas boogie, then posting to this thread is not on topic. Please keep the posts relevant to the event. If you want to air your thoughts on the safety practices of the largest DZ in the world then by all means start a thread in the relevant forum.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

enter the thought police with a personal agenda..

the Original poster specifically asked about policies in place in relation to traveling to Eloy for the Holiday Boogie.. it is VERY ON TOPIC to discuss those policies and who will and will not be attending because of said policies. It allows those who are making decisions about attending to decide if they want to spend their money to travel to AZ when many of their friends may be planning elsewhere SPECIFICALLY due to the policies in place at Eloy... This being the Canopy Control forum the ability to swoop or not to swoop at a major DZ during one of their 'high draw events' (particularly on near to many on DZ.com) is a directly relevant topic to both the Forum and the Original Posters question.

it is just a topic mods with business ties want to suppress because it is bad press for their employer. Clear conflict of interest.

This being the Canopy Control forum...

Zennister, this thread was originally in Events and the direction the thread was going was not on topic for the forum it was in at the time when I made the above post.

it is just a topic mods with business ties want to suppress because it is bad press for their employer. Clear conflict of interest.

None of the Mods are employed by the DZ in question nor are there any personal agenadas, this isn't the X-files.

BTW,I happen to be in town, if you have the time I'll buy you a beer. Let me know if you're up to it.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Nate,

Scott does not moderate this forum, Tonto and I do, so regardless of Scott's affiliations with a dz they have no bearing on what's ok and not ok in this forum.

I'm going to lock this thread since the OP's question has been answered and there are plenty of threads hashing out the landing area policies.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team