deathtrap

Kevin Love quit the new Team X?

I also kind of wonder if by judging people by their appearance if Jim will keep the fat boys off his team?
The decision process of the team is affected by your physical shape, if you cant finish PT than you are not physically fit enough for the team. It has nothing to do with actual size as long as you are in shape.
All in all I find it interesting, especially since after a couple of years people jumping a Velo or the XB are still winning.[/reply

Of course the XB is on top not all the time anymore though, but they outnumber the JVX's on the tour by 3 or 4 to 1 and also not to mention many of the JVX pilots have less than 500 jumps under the JVX while the majority of the other factory teams have had thousands of jumps under there wings. Just think of the numbers, not everyone in the pros has thousands of jumps.

Nick,

We've met, I'm sure you'd say that I'm a fat boy as most people do. I can still PT pretty damn hard though. I'm willing to bet my body type isn't the "photo quality" jumper that Jim would like.

I'd agree with you about the Velo, but the XB is still so very new and has been changed so many times over the last two years that I disagree that jumpers on that wing have more jumps on it or more time on it then the JVX. I mean its not even released for public consumption yet.

Just think of the numbers, not everyone in the pros has thousands of jumps.

Yeah I know, I got a pro card this year and I only have between 900 and 1000 sport jumps and somewhere around 1200-1300 tandems.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I have 6 jumps on my JVX all sail and I can honestly say that it is a distance machine.
Can't compare with my velos because I was flying them at 2.2 and now am flying the JVX at 2.6.
Sure is that my 6 distance rounds are now always easily above the 340ft. mark.
Recovery arch is quicker than on a velo and it looks as if you need to put it in the corner.

Recovery arch is quicker than on a velo and it looks as if you need to put it in the corner.

Might LOOK like it needs to be in the corner COMPARED to a velo. If flown right it's not in the corner. It's like saying the ST has to be flown in the corner. Entirely different flight characteristics.

Anyway, lets keep this thread on track, or if you want to start a thread discussing JVX flying techniques, please feel free to do so in this forum.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Please STOP saying that ESPECIALLY with 6 jumps on it. Even if it was true, it is definitely not something a less experienced swooper should be getting out of this forum.

Ian, you should split this topic into separate threads, if the forum engine allows that.

Can't compare with my velos because I was flying them at 2.2 and now am flying the JVX at 2.6.

You sure about that? Compare the physical size with another canopy.

Recovery arch is quicker than

IT'S ARC for christ sake!!:D
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

What a lod of crap.

Wow you seem like a really nice guy hahaha :)

I would like to hear how you fly your jvx? Do you think letting the canopy recover itself is how you should fly it? If that's what you think ,you be wrong my angry friend :)
I don't think Ricky was saying you have to be dangerously in the corner to get the most out of the swoop, what I got from what Ricky said was that you have bring it out of the recovery on the rears. But if you use too much rears the canopy will die. Which is what alot of other people have said on here, that the jvx has to be flown better than other canopies or you won't get much out of it.

I know you like to argue, but try not to be offensive :)

Putting the JVX in the corner can kill you. It does not dive out as much after a turn as the velocity does but if you get down to it nothing really does. I know the canopy he is talking about and making JVX comparrisons to a velo is not the right thing to do. They are different canopies. Comparring the JVX to a VX is more like it.

The JVX is very powerfull on the rears and more heavy on the fronts. Those who have been on velo's for quite a long time will find that they have to change their technique to get the most out of the jvx. That is all.

Ok sorry,
I guess I worded it wrong.
By in the corner I meant the recovery arch, and you do have to use rears to pull it out of the recovery or your swoop will fizzle out. I guess like all x-braces should be pulled out of the recovery for the best performance. If anyone say's they should plane out by themselves then they are not flying corectly. Nick Batsch if you time his recovery arch is 2 seconds or less which is a REAL short time. But, the recovery is always at the same height, I think he just has more speed going into it???
But yeah like spiazzarco says velo's and JVX'x have to be flown differently if you want to get the most out of them.

I don't mean to offend you diablopilot, but negative comments like you made are what stops people posting on these forums.

Ricky :)

Sorry IAN I sent the thread off with the question of the JVX and how it flys. My relevance to it was about the flight and the way it has to be flown.

My question was if he is off the team could anyone then join in his place by anyone i mean Pro Swoopers. If someone was on a Velocity could they jump right in there. So when i asked the question i was setting up for my next question about finding a replacement canopy pilot. Would it be hard to find someone for the team.

Lastly what is Kevin going to do now and the reverse of my questions coming from a JVX what Canopy team would he be best suited for? Velo, VX or Xaos27.

Please don't bash my question, it may be a stupid question to some who know but I am asking it to learn and know myself.

I am under the impression you can ask anything you want just keep it with the thread.

Thanks to everyone

Chris
IanMDrennan: Cleaned up post to help keep future replies on track.

PS: Chuck i would love to go 300ft someday, what would that cost me in coaching from you?

One last time... please place any questions about flying the JVX in the JVX thread. This thread is specifically for Kevin Love quitting team x.

Since I cannot easily move them to the thread they belong in, they'll just be deleted for being off topic.

If this keeps up I'm going to have to lock the thread (which I prefer not to do).

Ian

Lastly what is Kevin going to do now and the reverse of my questions coming from a JVX what Canopy team would he be best suited for? Velo, VX or Xaos27

He's in the process of moving to the East coast. He'll be back in the Tahoe area during the winter to work on and possibly teach speed riding at a Tahoe area ski resort.

From what he's said I don't think he has any plans to switch canopies/manufacturers, nor does he have any plans to join any other team.

NorCal already misses him.

i agree, not the first time js has made me question his character.
i do know kevin and what i know is he is probably the model for a high profile competitor. he has integrity, knowledge, great attitude, one hell of a guy! basicly i cant say enough good things about k love

as far as js goes, .... well he's done a lot for swooping. and thats all i can think of at the moment. obviously not one of my favorite people in the sport. his press realease on the matter doesnt suprise me one bit!
>

Ok guys and girls, I think this thread has run it's course and I can't see anything more constructive coming out of it. If anyone has information that would make it worth unlocking the thread then feel free to PM me and I'll make a decision whether to open it or not then.

For now though, it's time to close shop ;)

Blues,
Ian