deathtrap

Kevin Love quit the new Team X?

Just a couple of observations about my boy, Kevin:

-He had at least twice as many skydives as any ACTIVE jumper on the team.
-He was already fully sponsored by Mirage and PD prior to accepting the offer to do TEx.
-He loathed doing it, but he got a haircut to be on that team.
-He had reservations about at least one of his team members ability
-He is one of the most seriously dedicated jumpers I know

I haven't heard anything about this, but if this rumor IS true, then I can promise you that Kevin had good reasons to bail.

We spoke a very, very long time about his involvement on the team at PIA this year. He really impressed me, again, with his dedication to the project.

Chuck

I just heard that Nick won the PST even in CO. Awesome. I also heard that the last 360 of his big-rotation turn was at 400 feet or lower and very-scary. Live long and prosper, Jedi. I, as an old guy, won't ever be trying to emulate you guys at the top of the current ladder. I hate to admit it, but I can't recall a single time where I ever even busted a distance run of over 325. Seriously.

Respect.

Chuck

Skymonkey...i agree...Its not that we are getting old...Its just that they are getting younger...Let stick to what we know and keep on jumping untill we grow older...much older...Read a lot of youre comments here and have to say youre advice and tips ,to me, always seem right on the money..
Skydiving isn't hard...its keeping on jumping that is hard.B|

i understand with the jvx you have to end the turn low and use the solid sail strength to rear out of it and it makes like a sling shot effect.

is that true do you have to fly the jvx so much different then other canopies.

i know a velo doesnt need to flown like that right

Chris

i understand with the jvx you have to end the turn low and use the solid sail strength to rear out of it and it makes like a sling shot effect.

is that true do you have to fly the jvx so much different then other canopies.

It is not true, all canopies are different. Jvx's must be flown well, and the same goes for any canopy that is loaded highly.

You can fly a canopy mellow and you can fly one hard core... and to break records and win competitions you generally have to go hardcore but there is a balance between peril and skill to be made to avoid the incident reports!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Jvx's must be flown well.

You don't have to fly JVX's well, just slap down a savage toggle 180, then pump the brakes during the swoop, the faster you pump the brakes the further you go... easy whats the problem.

Nah Rhys is obviously right, if you fly your JVX like a little girl you won't swoop like a pro. To get the most out of it it has to be in the corner, it's scary and you have to get it on the money or, A: you have to use to much rears or stab the toggles then your swoop dies. Or, B: you tap the ground with your teeth.

And yeah you do have to fly jvx's different to other HP canopies. But do a few jumps and you soon figure out what works and what doesn't.

I don't think I agree with this....

Yes you do have t fly a JVX differently than a Velo, to fly it well. There is allot more front riser pressure and a positive recovery arc on the JVX. Which means if you are too high you can miss the gates.

But I don't think that means you have to turn low. You just have to figure out how to keep it in a dive without it pulling you out of the dive too early. I think the JVX certainly requires more precision to fly it well, but once you dial it in it's great.

That seems to be the biggest complaint I hear about the JVX. It requires precision every time to fly well.

I don't know about this flying technique for competition.........that's not an area I can talk about. But for every day flying this is my take on the JVX.

I definitely wouldn't say you need to be in the "corner". but if you start the turn a tad lower, then bring that last bit around more quickly than the first part, you get that slingshot effect. Not something to go out and try tomorrow -- it's something you have to slowly work towards.

In other words they have someone in mind that jumps a Velo or a Xaos and they won't join due to having to change canopies...:D

I also kind of wonder if by judging people by their appearance if Jim will keep the fat boys off his team? All in all I find it interesting, especially since after a couple of years people jumping a Velo or the XB are still winning.

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."