mikker

competition for both non-swoopers and swoopers?

I've been tasked with hosting a fun landing competition at my DZ which caters mostly to non-swoopers but that should even be fun for swoopers. I have been given a bunch of helium balloons and a huge landing area, but I'm fresh out of good ideas...
Anybody have any good tips??

Thanks!
/Mik

I've been tasked with hosting a fun landing competition at my DZ which caters mostly to non-swoopers but that should even be fun for swoopers. I have been given a bunch of helium balloons and a huge landing area, but I'm fresh out of good ideas...
Anybody have any good tips??

Hit and Chug works for all landing types.. they just use different techniques.. Accuracy types drop right on the cooler and slam the beer.. Swoopers pluck the beer off the cooler and slam it before touching down.. since the timer starts when your feet hit the ground the swoopers have an advantage (but a harder task to start with and generally fail completely if they 'miss')

Swoopers pluck the beer off the cooler and slam it before touching down.

Now that's somethin I'd like to see.......:D

I think i've got one instance on vid (will have to digitize it when i'm home)... but the accuracy guy won anyway as the swooper couldnt slam the beer and flare well at the same time :D

Swoopers pluck the beer off the cooler and slam it before touching down.

Now that's somethin I'd like to see.......:D

The guys on Monkey claw used to do it. They even gave pointers on when to breathe, when to grab the beer and then how to finish the flare. :D:D:D

The look of disbelief on everyone's face of the explanation was priceless. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Skydive Chicago just had a fun one at Summerfest. with an obstacle course before the chug. Maybe check with them. There was a video made of the event it might be up online.

Chris
It's Jimmy Time!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Fast-As-Fuck/6099474213

Dude, team up your jumpers in pairs. Set up a short swoop lane (200 ft or so) run a speed course, do an accuracy pad for non swoopers combine those two scores using some mathmagical numbers, and then add their combined total beer chug time. GOD IT's SO SIMPLE!!!!;)

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!