ianmdrennan

CPC/PST 2007 Finals - Colorado

Does the DZ have showers or will I have to bring a shower bag? Do they have bathrooms, etc? I'm going on the cheap with a tent and my wife's car.

If they do have showers does that mean I have to shower with Ian? God I hope not.

AggieDave

Mile-Hi has three shower stalls in the main hangar upstairs and they also have a bathroom with plumbing in the main hangar as well. The shower stalls are not the best, but they are still functional. Not sure if the hangar will be locked at night during this event. Historially the hangars get locked every night, but you may want to get in touch with Justin to find out what is what.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Mile-Hi has three shower stalls in the main hangar upstairs and they also have a bathroom with plumbing in the main hangar as well. The shower stalls are not the best, but they are still functional. Not sure if the hangar will be locked at night during this event. Historially the hangars get locked every night, but you may want to get in touch with Justin to find out what is what.

things have changed, there is only 1 shower stall now.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

things have changed, there is only 1 shower stall now.

I stand corrected. Better put Keith back to work. He can be a slacker. LOL

Honestly, as a learning experience I think the CPC finals will be better. There'll be a LOT more competitors both on the pro and cpc level and the knowledge transfer and exposure to different techniques will be higher.

That said, either will be fun :)
Blues,
Ian

Performance Designs Factory Team

The bad news is that on top of the $1500 for my lawyer, I have about $900 in court costs, aggressive driving classes, and bullshit fees, 20 days of community service, and 6 months probation.

I thought the judge gave you an essay or something to write, too.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

You guys WEAR WEIGHT!!! Dude, that's insane...... is everone wearing weight. I all of a sudden fear I may have a horrible understanding of how this comp is supposed to work. Hopefully this is all a joke why would you wear weights????

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

Does anyone know if we have to pre-register? And do weight belts need a cutaway, or is the pond reasonably shallow?

You will need to register the day before the event (you can do it there) and the pond is only about 3 1/2 feet deep.

I just can't believe that a college graduate (albeit one that took seven years to finish his B) just so he could continue to fuck the freshmen) who drives a fucking porsche is whining about a measly fifteen hundred dollar ticket.

:D It only took me four years... I just hung out in the town to work for another 3 years after graduating. Furthermore, Sophomores were fair game as well! :D The ticket, with all the other additional fines is ending up to be about $2600. So that, and the mortgage industry going to hell in a handbasket has my budget a bit tighter than usual.:S

At any rate, I'm still trying to work a couple things out after much harassment from my fellow CPC competitors, Mr. Drennan, McNenny, Kaz, and now YOU... so who knows? if everthing falls into place with a couple mortgage transactions i'm working on, I may be able to make it after all. LOL...I may be eating Ramen Noodles & homeless after that, but you still have that camper at Z-Hillz, right?? :o

Cheers! B|

--Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!

B|Well, if the shirt you have for me is tight enough, it may force Ian to downsize his spandex shirt just to try to match my speed and canopy piloting prowess. One of the first things I learned from him, it's not about the pilot, or the wing, it's about the tightness of the shirt. B| Just look at how the swoop turned out (2nd picture) when my shirt wasn't as tight as Ian's, and the resulting drag threw my balance point way off!

Ya know... if you and Scott would've bought a house already, I'd be meeting you in CO! That settles it... it's all your fault! LOL :P:D

Cheers!

--Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!

It seems my scare tactics have worked....I just visited random dropzones and flew my ass off and look - a few less competitors to deal with ;)

The rest of the CPC should thank me too cause the Southeast Region was ROCKIN big time this year (again) so now everyone has a better chance of snagging those Top 10 slots. Well............maybe.....

24 hours and counting................

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

òû íà÷àë èçó÷àòü Ðóññêèé?

WTF Over?

I was out practicing this weekend and we had a good group out here in Colorado already. The swoopers and freeflyers banded together to build a shade structure city with tarps, tents, and vehicles to pack under so that we didn't get cooked by the big glowing orb in the sky. It was affectionitly called Shanty Town.

CJ Hartwigsen was out jumping his JVX 83 on Saturday and Sunday. Peter Schwartz from Virginia was out jumping on Sunday on his Xaos 27 92. Tom Philips showed up Saturday afternoon and brought another competitor from Oregon named Brian. Tom also brought his sense of humor and topped my water bottle off with his very own warm yellow lemonade. I thought that was really nice of him but since Stu is a better aquantance I put that water bottle in Stu's truck to enjoy. :ph34r: Tom was jumping a JVX 96 and Brian was jumping a Xaos 27 118. Jessica and Nick from Team Extreme were out practicing this weekend and had a variety of sized JVX's. Jessica even had a 65 if I recall correctly. Stu (the Shanty Town man whore) was out practicing too and helping us quite a bit by giving advice and modeling his tight clothing. The girls out there in shanty town were noticably moved by Stu's display of manlyness. Many of them were quoted as saying:

"I think I just became sterile after seeing Stu parade around without a shirt on...":ph34r:

In addition to us swooping we had a group of Free Flyers being led by Jimmy Trantor (the mayor of Shanty Town:D) that was landing and packing out by the pond. Jimmy has been carving on the pond all season and is working on his blindman's and lazyboys. His freestyle tricks are simple but his time on the water and time in the manuever is nothing short of amazing.

Sunday afternoon brought a few rain showers all around the airport and a little wind but Shanty Town lived through it and all of the swoopers had a beer or two after the good weekend of jumping. That is all.