ianmdrennan

CPC/PST 2007 Finals - Colorado

Ahhhh Fuckit! I couldn't even think of myself not drinking or cussing or thinking that Jesus was here in the US and tried to tell only one man to start a religion when he dug up his grandmother's gold serving platter in his back lawn.

Things allowed at my house now:
Booze
Cussing
Morman hating:ph34r:

In all actuallity I cannot stand for intollerance of Mormans so we will just hate on Stu instead!

Hell yeah. I'm about 90 minutes from being packed up and on the road. That'll put me on the DZ around noon on Tuesday. Although I bet my canopy is too big to be allowed into the swoop-shanty town.:D

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

We will use it as ground cover so that 12 other swoopers can pack on it! We will use your swoop shorts as a shade cover for those 12 other swoopers! hahahahahaaaaaa:D

Just kidding! Have a good drive and be careful. Going to Amarillo and then Raton and I-25 to Denver is not to bad of a drive.

1) Sorry I will be AWOL from the event and I know I will be the one missing out on all the fun.

2) Sounds like AggieDave's canopy will come in handy for an additional packing tent.

3) Someone please remind Tom Philips to stop hurting himself during these CPC comps. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I've been on the phone with some friends who are there right now watching the CPC. Distance has just finished up and they are starting the first rounds of Zone Acc. The beginning of the distance course was set up 300' from the shore of the pond. I have been told that some people were not making it out and getting wet. 300' is a respectable distance. I have also been told that there is now a little head wind and that the longest distance was like 450' or something like that. The head wind should help out the Accuracy competitors. No body has been seriously hurt today. Sunny Dee did botch a landing yesterday in practice from what I heard and is not competing today. I don't think she is broken but she is hanging out at the pond today so I'm sure it isn't to bad and I'm sure she is smiling!

Jim has techno playing and there are not to many observers. I'm sure more people wil come out this weekend and watch the pro's compete.

Jim has techno playing

LOL ... and we're surprised?

there are not to many observers.

Bummer ... but no surprise.
It is during the work week and well swooping is not appealing to the whuffos.

I've been on the phone with some friends who are there right now watching the CPC

How many competed? Who are the new pros? Was the talent level as good or better as it's been in previous years?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Well, the CPC 2007 Finals is in the books. What a great time!
South East CPC rocked the house with four new Pro's and two new advanced pilots (if i got the numbers wrong - that the Left Hand brewery fault :).

First Place - Bryan Buechler
Second - Al Berchtold
Third - Craig Saucier

Official scores will be posted soon.
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

Slaton didn't post the scores but he posted the full results and from each event for the CPC stuff finally. Since there were two Advanced guys that had completed the requirements for their pro card their slots weren't taken from the top 10, even though they placed there. So 1-12 got pro cards.

OVERALL RESULTS
1 Bryan Buechler Velo 79
2 Albert Berchtold Velo 96
3 Craig Saucier Velo 79
4 Dan Raymond JVX 90
5 Gonzalo Sanudo XAOS 88
6 Chris Watkins Velo 84
7 Tommy Phillips JVX 96
8 David Lund Velo 120
9 Giedrius Kasiulynas Velo 90
10 Mike Shatalov VX 104
11 Travis Mills VX
12 CJ Hartwigsen JVX 83
13 Aaron Stocum XAOS 27
14 Marc Downing VX 84
15 Pete Schwartz XAOS 88
16 Luis Hermosillo Velo 96
17 Bryan Jones XAOS 27
18 Adam Darbiano Velo 103
19 Kevin Kokoszka VX 98
20 Dan McAllister Velo 103
21 Don Jaget VX 84
22 Keith Colwick VX
23 Eric Chappel Velo 84

SPEED RESULTS
1 Travis Mills
2 CJ Hartwigsen
3 Giedrius Kasiulynas
4 Albert Berchtold
5 Bryan Buechler
6 Dan Raymond
7 David Lund
8 Craig Saucier
9 Luis Hermosillo
10 Chris Watkins
11 Gonzalo Sanudo
12 Mike Shatalov
13 Marc Downing
14 Aaron Stocum
15 Tommy Phillips
16 Pete Schwartz
17 Don Jaget
18 Kevin Kokoszka
19 Keith Colwick
20 Adam Darbiano
21 Dan McAllister
22 Bryan Jones
23 Eric Chappel

DISTANCE RESULTS
1 Bryan Buechler
2 Tommy Phillips
3 Albert Berchtold
4 Travis Mills
5 Aaron Stocum
6 Adam Darbiano
7 Dan McAllister
8 Dan Raymond
9 Craig Saucier
10 Chris Watkins
11 Giedrius Kasiulynas
12 Gonzalo Sanudo
13 Mike Shatalov
14 Bryan Jones
15 Marc Downing
16 CJ Hartwigsen
17 Keith Colwick
18 David Lund
19 Pete Schwartz
20 Luis Hermosillo
21 Kevin Kokoszka
22t Don Jaget
22t Eric Chappel

ACCURACY RESULTS
1 Bryan Buechler
2 Albert Berchtold
3 Craig Saucier
4 David Lund
5 Gonzalo Sanudo
6 Dan Raymond
7 Chris Watkins
8 Mike Shatalov
9 Tommy Phillips
10 G. Kasiulynas
11 Kevin Kokoszka
12 CJ Hartwigsen
13 Bryan Jones
14 Marc Downing
15 Pete Schwartz
16 Eric Chappel
17 Aaron Stocum
18 Adam Darbiano
19 Don Jaget
20 Travis Mills
21 Dan McAllister
22t Luis Hermosillo
22t Keith Colwick

I did have the largest canopy there, but not the highest exit weight. Another guy beat my exit weight by 23lbs!

Dang, I told Dee she needed to go get checked out. Well, I'm glad that all in all she's ok. Having watched her hit, I have never seen anyone hit like that that didn't double femur.

I still gotcha both on wing loading (in the 100 plus square foot category) fat lot a good it did me though all that heat does no good if I can't place it between the uprights (without shooting out the back of the acc or plowing down the inside of the speed).

Congrats Dave you had a great comp (and thanks for the smokes and the back up on the skinny people telling fat boy jokes)

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

I still gotcha both on wing loading (in the 100 plus square foot category) fat lot a good it did me though all that heat does no good if I can't place it between the uprights (without shooting out the back of the acc or plowing down the inside of the speed).
Congrats Dave you had a great comp (and thanks for the smokes and the back up on the skinny people telling fat boy jokes)

That's the nature of the beast, sometimes you're on, sometimes you're not. As long as you're having fun and learning, then its a win. Atleast that's how I've approached competitive swooping since I first started and it would seem that a large majority of the competitors that were in CO all had similar attitudes. That is what makes this all so much fun, the neat people you get to compete with. All in all, though, irregardless of standings, everyone was great and I had an absolute blast!

As heard from one of the PDFT guys while watching Marat come in and blow out 550ft on a practice run: "F**kit, I'm getting fat!"

:D

Then there's these pictures that someone took of me, showing everyone how its done when it comes to practicing zone acc!:D

Is it Adam? I thought it looked like me, Mechanix gloves, custom risers with dive loops that pop out to the side...BUT if its not me, its not me. I was having fun laughing at myself, though.:D

Well then, I stand (sit) corrected and dry, except for when I too skipped off the pond.:D

Maybe someone will put together a simple video of the comp, there's so many people I didn't get to watch due to being later in the load or rushing to pack for the next load.