raymod2

video from 2007 PST Air Festival

I have compiled a video of the competition runs at the 2007 PST Air Festival. All events are included (distance, carving accuracy, ultimate speed, freestyle, and team speed). Subtitles were added that show the competitors' names and scores for each run. The video was shot with a Sony HDR-HC3 camera. It is 97 minutes long and 610MB.

http://www.sundered.org/pst/pst2007_air_festival.mp4

The easiest way to play the video is using VLC although you can play it using any DirectShow player if you install the necessary filters.

Christy Brown deserves a special thank you for standing out in the hot sun during the whole competition to capture the footage. She didn't miss a single run. And thank you to bob.dino for hosting the file.

dude i am watching it and i am almost in awe! what a great video, VERY well shot and a wealth of info in it.

I am going to have to try and remember to download it from home this evening. My employer has huge chunks of the net disabled here at work (I am amazed that I can even get on to DZ.COM ... LMAO ... especially with all the spyware the employer has installed on this computer ... ha ha some corporate dweeb at CA is probably reading this right now ...).

Anyway ...

Dan Raymond has done a great job with some of the other swooping videos he's made in the past and it sounds like this is another good one to watch. I look forward to seeing it later. ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Thank you so much Dan and Christy. This is an awsome tool and a very generous gift.
thanks agan.
adam

Pretty cool people. I am lucky enough to jump with Dan and have Christy video every week! She is awesome. beyond actually :o
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

dude i am watching it and i am almost in awe! what a great video, VERY well shot and a wealth of info in it. Different canopies different turn techniques, styles, results... thanks again!

so what are you noticing most? what's sticking out that's suprising you? what little tips and tricks are you picking up? there is definitely a lot of info to be gained by watching this video (even though i can't really watch it cause my computer is a piece of shit).
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

even though i can't really watch it cause my computer is a piece of shit

Then you and your computer both have something in common :ph34r::ph34r:

Dan - how about a DVD for sale? It's a huge file for most peoples computer to handle (although mine did fine but that's because it's better than Stu's :D)

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

I have told Stu time and time again about upgrading from the Commodore 54, but he is just stuck in the eighties. Some peoples children.... You buy them the books.... You buy them the horse.... Does he learn how to ride the horse? No he stands on the books and fucks the horse. Stu the horse fucker...:ph34r:

If someone wants to turn the mp4 into an ISO image for burning to DVD, I'd be happy to host it. MPEG4 generally requires a fair amount of CPU power to play correctly, so computers more than 4-5 years old may struggle.

At the moment, my last mile is wireless, so I don't really have the facility to do the download/conversion/upload.

so what are you noticing most? what's sticking out that's suprising you? what little tips and tricks are you picking up? there is definitely a lot of info to be gained by watching this video (even though i can't really watch it cause my computer is a piece of shit).

Nothing really surprising, just the excellent benefit of seeing great pilots fly four of todays top performing x-braces and displaying different turn techniques in various rotations and being able to see the results of those techniques. Being able to see the body language of the pilot throughout the turn, how canopy reacts... it's hard to come by a good video like that. Even when you compete you dont get to see all of the swoops from start to finish.

It was interesting to see how double front slow start into a "cork screw" turn is used by JVX and Velo pilots. How a well placed 450 or 270 produces a MUCH better result then a so-so executed multi rotation. How 9 cell and 7 cell fly after the transition to toggles at the final seconds of flight... Lots of other little things too...

This should be a great learning tool to EVERYONE. Not just beginner or advanced swooper, even the best of the best can benefit from it.

Here's a list and I've marked those who are full time (to my knowledge and it includes 'industry workers'), unknown and weekend.

Jay Moledzki - Full Time
Isaiah McCauliffe - Full Time
Stuart Schoenfeld - Weekend
Chris Hayes - Full Time
Brian McNenney - Weekend
Jeff Provenzano - Full Time
Scott Roberts - Weekend
Nick Boyd - Unknown
Ian Drennan - Weekend
Mikeal Stevens - Unknown
Jessica Edgeington - Full Time
Curt Swanson - Unknown