speedy

Sail JVX at terminal

Have anyone taken a sail JVX to terminal?

What are the openings like at terminal?

Is it a good/bad idea to consistantly take it to terminal?

Input would be appreciated. :)

they are nice so far for me. I take to terminal normally.

On the "other" website the more experienced guys talk about the need to double check every pack job that the slider is up against the stops in the rear - to aviod a hard opening. Also don't wrap the tail too tight up top to avoid the "trap door" opening.

rm

It is not bad at all. It is slightly faster than the Velo but not hard. I like more speed on opening as I get better opening than at subterminal. I really don't rool the tail much at all maybe 1/2 turn, but I quarter my slider really well. Don't pull your slider out much in front of the nose as you well get outer cell inflation before center cell inflation. It is weird but not hard.

I have lost quite a bit of weight so I am selling my 89. If you know of any one interested send them my way as the price is more than fair.

Grant

I have lost quite a bit of weight so I am selling my 89.

So does that mean you're selling those star-spangled swoop shorts with the cheeseburger pocket on the back of the leg too?

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I did 200 camera jumps on my 80jvx hybrid at a busy DZ so I was packing in a hurry and not always double checking it or making sure it was perfect, and it opened great all the time, 0 chops 0 linetwists.
I sold it and the new owner is loading it too high for what he wants so he might want to sell it if anyones interested?

I have an all sail 87 in a J-1 Container. Its a bit overstuffed (for subterminal) I had my first malfunction on it a month ago. The canopy came out of the bag and stayed in a cacoon while rapidly spinning like a top. I was towing it for a bit then I opened it on rears. I was tossed onto my back in a spinning line twist. The slider way still more than 1/2 up; it had some line twists;) Anyhow, I tried a few kicks to clear them, and didn't move off my back. That coupled with so many line twists made my mind up that this wasn't going anywhere, so I chopped it. I think the pilot chute being kinda old (800jumps) coupled w/ the overstuffed bag didn't help this deployment. I just jump it subterminal for the time being (and I got a new pilot chute) and its opening sweet.
Anybody have anything to say about the pack volume of these things? What size all sail in what size container?! I know a few people who have had to buy new containers based on shoddy pack volume reccomendations-
Later-
-The JVX rocks-

My jvx packs up like a fat 135. It is all sail 89. I have heard about the canopy's staying cocooned but I never experienced that myself. I don't roll the tail much at all except about 1/2 a twist. I find that slider placement does more for the speed of openings than tail rolling. I have found tail rolling to be a factor in off headingness of the openings in my experience. Your mileage may very.

I have never had the cocoon issue myself. I find at higher wing loadings (~2.5) on my old 83 was brisker, but my 77 (wl = 2.7) seams to like a little more speed. The reality is; if you are flying an ultra-performance (JVX, Velo...) expect to have ultra-performance openings.
B|