brendakt

xaos pack volume

Hello...

I'm not sure what the volume is, however I can tell you that my Xaos-27 93 (which you'll see in the classifieds soon bec it's for sale! B|)fits in a bag/container made for a standard 135 sq ft canopy.

Cheers!

--Jairo

Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!

So in your opinion around the 20-25% larger than a standard 9 cell is about correct?
And just while I've got you there, the xaos and velo pretty similar to someone stepping to a cross-brace or is the xaos a bit more gentle?
Am moving from a similar sized mamba to probably a xaos. Thanks. Oh, impossible to get demos of either down in my part of the world.

A Xaos 21 is a bit more manageable than a Velo as far as openings go, but you will not get Velo distance out of a Xaos 21. A Xaos 27 is in exactly the same league as a Velo, but it opens and flys a bit differently. "Different" does not mean better or worse. I would not consider any of the three I mentioned as "too much parachute" to someone who has at least 500 jumps on an HP 9-cell (katana, mamba, crossfire/crossfire2, etc). I would not recommend ANY crossbraced canopy to ANYONE with under 1000 total skydives.

In about 2000 jumps on crossbraced canopies I can't say I have ever jumped one, other than my old Icarus VX 74, which opened "bad".

Yes, 27-cell crossbraced mains pack about 25% larger than 9-cells in same-size comparisons.

Hey Chuck I appreciate your time and advice. I am right on the jump numbers you are talking about now and intend to do another 100-150 jumps on my mamba. I load it at 2.1:1 and while I love the way it flies at that loading I am giving up on glide at the end of my swoop. I do about 30% of my jumps as canopy dedicated jumps as I live near a small tandem dz with no other sporties which suits me fine.
I am a very careful pilot. With all this in mind do you think a jump to a cb at 2.2:1 is too much?

If you are already satisfactorily landing a Mamba at 2.1, then I don't think you are going to need to worry about 2.2 under a crossbraced main. Yes, HP nine-cells do land fine at that loading and yes you do start losing a lot of glide distance on landing at that wingloading under a nine-cell.

I have about 600-700 jumps on a Xaos 21 98 , I would like to try a Xaos 27 , would i be happy with one at the same wing loading or should i go to something slightly smaller ? Now i know that may sound like a pretty vague question but i hear that they dive and recover differently .

I would not recommend ANY crossbraced canopy to ANYONE with under 1000 total skydives.

shit I better get in 50 skydives quick...

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

If your selling your 118 I might be keen, how many jumps on it, I'm looking for an oldie I can use for G-Launching??

And yeah 1000 is recomended for x-braced, but the guy who just won the Australian Nationals is on a JVX and I think he only has 900 jumps or something like that, awsome!!!
Also my good friend Jeff got a VX92 after I think 650 jumps and he was rocking it in no time, as in properly rocking it, blindmen, tick jockey's etc. Turbo from my DZ is on a xaos after 600 and is smoking. We do alot of camera though, I guess there's exceptions...

And yeah 1000 is recomended for x-braced, but the guy who just won the Australian Nationals is on a JVX and I think he only has 900 jumps or something like that, awsome!!!

The guy you're thinking of targeted this discipline from day one, worked real hard at acquiring skills: got mentoring, rigorous goal setting, disciplined practice. Lots of effort.

You could too. But he did.