airborne82nd

i need a crossfire2 line chart please.

Can some one help me. i had someone switch out my crossfire2 switched out risers and the lines look different. before i put it on my rig can someone tell me where i can get a line chart for a crossfire2??

or can anyone post a diagram for me to look at just to make sure everything is correct.

i need to pack this thing up tonight for tommorrow am.

thank you who ever can help.

Are you measuring the lines after getting it relined or are you putting it back on risers? If its the putting it back on risers its really easy, just assemble it accourding to the owners manual.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

it was put back on the risers.

i have soft links and i dont see anywhere in the manual where it shows a diagram where one thing goes to this ect...

like this d line goes tothe rear risersbut what order?like from outside to inside

is there anything out there so i can check?

that icarus ownersmanyualdoesnt show me.

thanks

doing a line check can be done by yourself but it is a lot easier if you dont understand your canopy it is better to do it with a rigger first in the two perosn mode

I can check lines in about a minute and it is always the last thing I do whenever I do anything involving placing lines on risers

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

Let me pipe in by saying that what is being described here is very-basic user assembly stuff.

With the main hung up by the tail (or with your buddies holding it up in this manner) and the rig laying face down on the ground with the lines taut, this is what you ought to see:

As viewed from the way I said to lay it out-

-rear control lines are go through the rear slider grommets on the correct side of the canopy and then pass through the guide rings on the rear risers and are correctly attached to the toggles.

-C and D lines (cascaded or otherwise) are split evenly left/right and pass through the left/right rear slider grommets and then attach to the left/right rear risers. The lines are attached to to the rear risers via slinks or rapide links and alligned outside to inside, just like they are on the canopy with no twists.

-A and B lines are split evenly left/right and run through the front left/right slider grommets. The lines are attached to the front risers via slinks or rapide links and alligned outside to inside, just like they are on the canopy.

Chuck

PS: I have seen one very, very experienced world-champion skydiver jumping a VX-74 with one A/B line run to the wrong side, through the wrong slider grommet and attached to the wrong front riser. He was hooking the shit out of it and it just didn't look right coming in. He said it felt a little funny too, but couldn't figure it out. It took me seeing him land twice before I finally caught it and told him what was up. It was Joe Trinko in case anyone was wondering. That was in 2000.

The arrangement of lines of a 9 cell elliptical with normal cascaded lines goes like this...

Front riser group, from outside to inside, is rigged ab5, ab4, ab3, ab2, ab1

Rear riser group, from outside to inside, is rigged c5, c4, cd3, cd2, cd1

This numbering system is calling the center cell 1 and the end cell 5.

A "semi elliptical" will have a cd4 instead of just c4, and a "square" 9 cell will have cd5.

BZ,

The majority of the manufacturer's call the end line at the stab A1 and the center cell A5.

Hiper and PD are the only ones that do it "Backwards"!!
;)

On the serious side, make sure that you get manufacturer's instructions on how they do it.

It could be fatal if they are installed wrong.

Please call the shop if you still need a chart.
864-429-8428

Cheers,
MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com