SkySlut

New Helmet-Does anyone speak German???

I saw this helmet while I was in Deland, it was really nice!!! I gues that it is made by a company that makes motorcycle helmets. The inside was really comfortable and had the cool-max lining. The air vents on the front circulated through the actual helmet and vented out the back. The outer shell was made of kevlar. The lens was solid, pretty much bulletproof from what they told me. They offered me to through it on the ground and kick it, which I politely declined. It had 2 snaps to keep the lens down, kinda like the Z1. It was really easy to replace a lens...just pop off the side covers and put on a new one...no tools required. It was really light but looked a bit big, but not much bigger than an Oxygn. They said that the price would be somewhere between a Z1 and an Oxygn. I guess Paratec is going to debut this thing at the PIA symposium in January. Does anyone speak German that can translate this page???

http://www.paratec.de/Seiten/News3.html

Anyways, its a sweet helmet...I am definately going to get one of these as long as the price isnt ridiculous.

Here is my try:

after 4 years of testing: beginning with the new season (in germany spring/summer), this new helmet will be avaiable.
Very light, 2 mm thick, antifog, flip up Lexan (?)Visor. Visor can be locked with pins.
Probably the most advance sightpossibility of all avaible helmets. Three different inlays to make the helm fit to all possible heads (sizes and forms).

There is no price mentioned.

Hope that helps

jo

"comedy is tragic plus time"

Here is a little info on Lexan...

Lexan polycarbonate is one of the most widely known "plastics". Lexan sheet with its unique combination of high impact strength, flame retardancy, and thermoformability makes it ideally suited for security applications. No other plastic can match Lexan's combination of light transmittance (clarity), and the ability to withstand extreme impact.

In thicknesses of .125", Lexan 9034 sheet will transmit 86% of the light. Lexan 9034 is UV stabilized, has a heat deflection temperature of 270 degrees F at 264 PSI, and has a smoke density rating less than 75. Lexan 9034 is engineered for window glazing as well as for sign applications. In addition to colorless (clear), Lexan 9034 is available in solar gray and bronze in thicknesses from .080" to .500".

Lexan XL is a solar grade sheet which provides superior UV resistance in addition to offering high thermal insulation values. Applications for Lexan XL include skylights, space enclosures, covered walkways, and sloped and vertical glazing.

Lexan Margard provides the superior impact resistance of Lexan 9034 with the advantage of an abrasion resisting state-of-the-art coating. Lexan Margard is unsurpassed in high vandalism areas such as schools, bus stops, public buildings, storefronts, shopping malls, and wherever clarity, safety, and security are required.

Gee.....thanks. Thats a little bit more info than I wanted. I just wanted to know if it's going to cost more than the $21.00 I have to pay for a replacement on my factory diver.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

If I'm not completely wrong, Paratec even has a dependency in the US now. It's not linked on their site however, but they sincerely answer you in english (they have very good customer service from my own experience) if you have any questions.
Check their website for the mailaddress.:)
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

Yeah, I met the US Rep...I met him at the convention in Jacksonville. He was jumping at Skydive New England, but I believe his business address was in NY somewhere...I am not quite sure. I got a business card from him. I will try to find it and I will post his contact info...thats if I cand find it.:)