Deano

XAOS 21 VS XAOS 27

I have been jumping a XAOS-21 108 for 3 years now. I have been thinking about upgrading to the XAOS-27 108.

What I really like most about my current XAOS is the soft on-heading openings as well as the performance. I am wingloading it at 2.25.

With the same relative wingloading I would like to hear a review from people who have flown both the 21 and 27.

Thanks,
Deano

I had a pair of Xaos 21 78's and was concerned about the same things before I switched to the 27 of the same size. I've been on the 27 for a few years now and love it. The openings are not quite as nice as the 21, but still better than most canopies I've jumped. I jump video a lot and am very happy with the openings. The biggest difference I noticed in the performance I noticed was the power in the flare...otherwise they flew pretty similar for me loaded at about 2.9:1.
Hope that helps...
Miami

The biggest difference I noticed in the performance I noticed was the power in the flare...otherwise they flew pretty similar for me loaded at about 2.9:1.

So what kind of extra distance are you getting from the 27 over the 21.
I have a Xaos 21 and love the openings but i've often thought that i would like to get a new 27 .

without a doubt, you will not be disappointed with the 27.

it performs much better than the 21, tons of rear riser power.

i actually now prefer the openings of the 27 to the 21.

that's just me though... and it took me a bit to dial in the perfect packjob for the perfect deployment. but now that i've got it, i'm not giving it up.:)

I've seen Jeffro jump different linesets before. Can't remember if one of them was cascaded but I remember one of them had him hooking REALLY low with a very short recovery arc. Not sure if those are publically available.

If memory serves me correctly Paul R also had a cascaded lineset on his XAOS 2 years ago.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Question - are the Team Xaos and/or other Precision sponsored guys using a different lineset, i.e. a cascaded one to reduce drag? Can you get a "competition" lineset for a Xaos?

Canuck

I for the most part jump a stock lineset. I have played with an old lineset for fun, and George has offered to build me a cascaded set if I want but I'm not that interested. It's nice the way it is.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

The original Xaos competition canopies (and I do mean original) were jumped at the PPPB meet at Perris in 2001. They showed up with non-cascaded lines on them, but half of the guys put cascaded linesets (which George brought with him) on for the meet after test jumping them for a day. I know that if you ask the right person you can get a cascaded HMA lineset straight from the factory. I am not sure if Andy and Jeffro are jumping continuous or cascaded these days.

Chuck

at one of our cpc events at kapowsin last year i think both luke and andy were flying non-cascaded linesets. i did ask about cascaded linesets for the xaos but i forget what they mentioned, but both of them can rip it with their xaos's. oh and jeffro is not bad either :P
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

Luke and Andy both jump "in between" size canopys with stock size line sets Andy jumps 93 w/stock 98 lineset. flattens out the wing and adds a little line length.

also Precision has some of the best customer service in the biz! I broke a x-brace one week before a comp and George had it fixed with new x-braces and next day shipped back to me in a couple of days for less that $100!