phoenixlpr

Atair Radical, has anyone info about it?

Atair used to use Gelvenor for their canopies. That material is no longer available, so they now use a more slippery kind of ZP. Your Cobalt is made of gelvenor, if you order a Radical now it wil be made of the new material i.e. not gelvenor.

You're partly right, but not quite. Gelvenor Textiles has discontinued the non-slippery zp fabric that many canopies were made from for years, like the old Aerodyne canopies, the Atair canopies, our Nitro, and others. The currently available zp from Gelvenor is a silicon treated cloth similar to what is known as Soar Coat used by PD and others for a long time. Companies that used the old polymer treated zp from Gelvenor still use fabric from Gelvenor, it's just that now it resembles other zp fabrics.

You're partly right, but not quite. Gelvenor Textiles has discontinued the non-slippery zp fabric that many canopies were made from for years, like the old Aerodyne canopies, the Atair canopies, our Nitro, and others.

What was the reason behind stopping the production of a material that was superior over the rest? Atair states that is the best, longest lasting material for high performance canopies?

What was the reason behind stopping the production of a material that was superior over the rest? Atair states that is the best, longest lasting material for high performance canopies?

Not sure about the best material but it sure made packing a brand new canopy so much easier

I do know of a few high loaded cobalts that have well over 2000 jumps on them and they are still in pretty good shape

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

I believe that the material is Nylon Zero-P (double coated PU & silicon).
The same material that is been used by firebird (Performance Variable)
It's much easier to pack a brand new canopy.

The pictures that Brain posted are certainly not the radical, that's correct.
For me it's just the Demon but then under the name of Atair
On the attached picture you can see that the canopy is the same as my Demon competition.

brian,

the canopy in your pictures are of a new demon proto we made. it was un-named at the time we sent it to you.

it is slightly higher aspect ratio than the radical at just over 3:1

different feel. both canopies are a blast to fly.

Daniel Preston <><>
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)

To all: me and Grega are NOT talking about the Radical that CobaltDan is making, we are talking about the ones that Stane from AtAir Slovenija is making. I am not 100% sure, but him and CobaltDan parted their ways a long time ago, that's why i am 99% sure, that the 2 canopies are not the same... unless, CoaltDan copied it from Stane...

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

Is it perhaps the new Demon Competition?
That's the canopy I have.
If you compaire it with the standard Demon I can say that it's a much better canopy if you want to use it for swooping.

I had the standard Demon but now I flying the demon competition.

Openings are almost the same but it's a little bit more sensitive on bodyposition.
The dive is much longer and also the recovery-arc.
Because of this it easier to fly on backrisers.

As an example: I had a demon 100ft² and I started my 270° at 550 ft Now I'm flying a Demon competition 100ft² and I have to start my turn at 700 ft.
In both cases I loaded the canopy at 2.1

I like the competition version much more than the standard DemonB|