georgechurchill

Speed Flying

Hi Birds,
For sure, we are not far from a small revolution . I actually take off by foot , fly and swoop a new canopy with a special design. Because of the jump-ticket increase , Ground launching will grow-up more and more : here we have big mountains, big big swoop pond ( lake ) , great idea but no money !
Some infos about my new wing : 12 m2 (projected 110 ft 2) 28 cells GR 5/1 and I fly it at 200 lbs . Actually, I can only swoop above the ground and it's not the best for taking the advantages of this new design ( our swoop pond is frozen now :P ) but after a basic straight in approach I usualy swoop 100 to 150 ft with a big flare power at the bottom end . I plan a trailer and feel free to PM me if you need more infos.
Blue skies and happy new year.
Chris
PS Suitable for acro paraliding too

Yes Safe for eveybody if you NEVER use a ski resorts slope . Best is to find a freeriding site .
EX: http://www.ecole-speedriding.com/
blue skies
Chris

OK..there is a mountain where i have done alots of BASEjumping..here is a long steep hill who goes to the exit..my plan is to groundlaunch with ski from the top of the hill outfly the cliff and fly close to the mountain..This exit have been used by skiBASEr`s..but i dont have the balls to do that ..yet...

I DONT Recomend anyone start Ground Launching without some formal training. It is basically an advanced form of Swooping, and even highly experienced Swoopers should seek instruction for how to safely Ground Launch and Fly a Canopy, in this manner.

Anyone interested should seek the advice and instruction of Profoessional Ground Launching Schools. Not to rag on anyone, but I don't think that someone with 174 Jumps or Ground Launches or combo of both is experienced enough to advise safely on this discipline.

I would steer you to the professionals so you can get their advise. I know that the Moderators hate seing Jim Slatons Links Posted, but I'm going to post it here for safety's sake.

Please go here for safe advise and professional instruction for Ground Launching. Also Google the topic for other sound sources.

http://www.bladerunning.com/trainingcenter.htm

Regards,

thanks for that advice. People can also ask paraglider schools.

DO NOT GROUND LAUNCH just like that. ASK to real people, not over the internet. Ground launching, speed flying etc are NOT innocent versions of canopy flying.

We unfortunately suffered our first fatal accident 4 days ago in Switzerland.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Absolutely. I would never ask a skydiver (especially one with low jump #s) about ground launching. I would ask a fellow paraglider pilot.

Oh look, Chris lives in Annecy (;)B|) and puts in at least 150 hours a year under a paraglider. :D:P
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

Woops, Guess I should have clicked on his profile.

Sorry Chris.:$

I still think Instruction is the way to go though. Not questions over the Web.

Well...i done a search and as far as i know, there`s no school/instruction or similar course here in norway for groundlaunching(only paragliding and hangliding)...thats why i ask question over web..... i have to start at one point..

Well...i done a search and as far as i know, there`s no school/instruction or similar course here in norway for groundlaunching(only paragliding and hangliding)...thats why i ask question over web..... i have to start at one point..

Sounds like it's time for a Vacation to the States.....;)

Sounds like it's time for a Vacation to the States.....;)

Maybe i will!!!:)

We unfortunately suffered our first fatal accident 4 days ago in Switzerland.

Is there any info available about this accident? All I've seen is this thread and some articles written in french http://skirando.camptocamp.com/forums/read.php?f=6&i=51714&t=51714
...which unfortunatelly doesn't help me much.

Take care,
/Martin

Hi 4 all!

I have some GL on Gin Nano.

It's copy of PDF Springo.
10 sq.meters is above 120 sq.ft

So, it's far from new non-crossbraced skydive high performance canopies.

My 90 ft. Crossfire fly better then Nano.
www.speedflying.ru
Mountian Fly School