norbase

Sabre 2

I get my brand new Sabre 135 in few days, and i have never fly this canopy in this size before..only SABRE2 170-190 and Sabre1 150 and 120..the store who sold me this canopy told me this was a great alround canopy..Now.. a lots of skydivers told me this canopy is almost a crapy chute..is this canopy getting worse by age? i mean..when this chute came out for few years ago, this was almost a state of the art canopy..I know this is not a swooping canopy, but thats not i`m wanna buy either..

Far too many skydivers worry about what other people think.

Jump your new Sabre 2. Learn what it needs to give you great flights and great landings. More than any other factor, it is the jumper who makes a canopy what it is.

The Sabre 2/Safire 2/Pilot remain the benchmarks of their mid-range class. They are good for general jumping, wingsuits, intermediate swooping etc.

Your profile doesn't list your jump numbers, and has a 245 sq ft Main.
I hope a 135 is not the next step without an appropriate progression.

Enjoy your new gear.:)
t
It's the year of the Pig.

Far too many skydivers worry about what other people think.

Jump your new Sabre 2. Learn what it needs to give you great flights and great landings. More than any other factor, it is the jumper who makes a canopy what it is.

The Sabre 2/Safire 2/Pilot remain the benchmarks of their mid-range class. They are good for general jumping, wingsuits, intermediate swooping etc.

Your profile doesn't list your jump numbers, and has a 245 sq ft Main.
I hope a 135 is not the next step without an appropriate progression.

Enjoy your new gear.:)
t

My 242 is what i jump in BASE..this disiplines is what i`m focused in the last 2-3 year..i have skydived since 99..I have 550+jumps from planes..and my last canopy(skydive) was a stiletto 135..
I have done only 35-40 skyjumps in the last 2 year. But i desided to pick up my skydiving again , so i buy my self a conservative maincanopy..

Quit spending so much time worrying about what other people think.

I've taken a Sabre2 190 over 200ft in a swoop before. I promise you those canopies can and will perform. They can also be flown conservative at conservative wingloadings.

I honestly believe that the Sabre2 is the best all around canopy available for skydiving today. You can put out a 15 jump jumper on one loaded at 1.0:1 or you can have a few hundred jumps and load it up to 1.7:1, getting some bitch'n swoops out of it.

Basically if I was going to buy a mid-range performance canopy today, I would hands down buy a Sabre2.

----
No I'm not sponsered by PD or anyone else for that matter, I'm not nearly even close to being near to good enough for even a sponsership for even 1 free soda.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Basically if I was going to buy a mid-range performance canopy today, I would hands down buy a Sabre2.

Ditto

especially the soda part

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

I jump in DeLand where the Sabre 2 is made. You can definitely get good swoops out of it, I see it all the time.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You couldn't honestly say the sabre2 is a crap canopy. even if you were the owner of an opposing company.
it was state of the art a coulple few years ago and is still a good canopy. There are 'in my opinion' better canopies in that range. others would say not.

But you have a brand new sabre2 and all i can say is

Be safe and enjoy it!

a tapered 135 sounds perfect for your experience and currency.

good choice. and who gives a shit what others say. they are jelous you have a brand new canopy.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Well since everyone answered every question you didn't ask, let me just keep that going.......... PD is not known for the best opening canopies, but while your other canopies are in for recalls, fell free to call PD and chit chat about how kick ass their stuff is. Period.

You bought it, so I hope you like it. Personally, I love my Sabre2 97. It's the best tool for the job (wingsuiting) and I load mine very heavilly. I also swoop the piss out of it. My other main is a Velo 84.

Chuck

I haw flew wingsuit for a couple of years ago(all birdman.. classic and S3), and i will buy my self a new one..going for the S-Fly suit.
My plan is to jumping big E`s with this suit, but i will used skydiving as a workbench before i showing the trolls my new toy..;)
I will not loaded mine Sabre more than 1.4..but you say you jumping a 97!! wow..PD recomanded a WL not more than 1.6, but i guess you know what you are doing...

>Well since everyone answered every question you didn't ask, let me just keep that going.......... PD is not known for the best opening canopies, but while your other canopies are in for recalls, fell free to call PD and chit chat about how kick ass their stuff is. Period.

Can you elaborate on what you mean please?

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

PD is not known for the best opening canopies

Really? The only PD canopy I've ever jumped that had questionable openings was the original Sabre. Having jumped the Velo, Vengence, Stiletto, Katana, Sabre2, Sabre1, PD 9-cell, PD 7-cell, Navigator, Silhoette (sp?) and the reserve, all in various sizes (except the reserve) I can say in confidence that PD has consistent pleasent openings across the board.*

*Sabre1 excluded from the consistent pleasent openings list.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."